Blades Add Forward Pitt
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades President and General Manager Craig Brush along with Head Coach Greg Poss announced today that forward Scott Pitt has agreed to terms with the club.
Pitt joins the Everblades after wrapping up a four-year collegiate career earlier this month. The 23-year-old completed his senior campaign at Mercyhurst College with a team-leading 41 points in 37 games. Both his goal total (19) and assist total (22) also led the Lakers.
The 6-foot-1, 190-pound forward posted a collegiate career-high 45 points during his sophomore campaign in 2008-09, finishing second on the team in scoring that year and was named to the AHA All-Tournament Team. Overall in his four seasons at Mercyhurst, the Ottawa, Ontario native tallied 132 points (47g, 85a) in 156 games.
The Everblades return to action on Friday, March 18 when they travel to Gwinnett to take on the Gladiators at 7:35 p.m. from The Arena at Gwinnett Center. The Everblades' next home game is Wednesday, March 23 when they host the Wheeling Nailers at 7:30 p.m. from Germain Arena. Visit www.floridaeverblades.com and www.germainarena.com for more information on ticket packages, pricing and upcoming Germain Arena events.
Individual tickets to all 2010-11 Florida Everblades home games are on sale now! Tickets are available at the TIB Bank Box Office Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 2 p.m. Fans can also purchase tickets through TicketMaster by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com or calling 800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2011
- Road Warriors Weather Cyclones - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Topple Wings 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Earn Point But Fall to Greenville in Shootout, 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Leave K-Wings Green With Envy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mike Zacharias Placed on Waivers - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Green Doesn't Stop at St. Patrick's Day - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Host Third Annual "Eco Night" - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Edmonton Recalls Bryan Pitton to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators 4th Annual "Pink in the Rink" Cancer Fundraiser this Weekend - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Prepare For Green Ice With Roster Moves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 17 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Sign Knowlton - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Add Forward Pitt - Florida Everblades
- Andrew Engelage Rejoins Utah in Victoria - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati Vs. Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brian O'Hanley Returns, Chet Pickard Recalled - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Add Chase Langeraap - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Open Three-In-Three Road Trip Tonight in Kalamazoo - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - March 17 - ECHL
- Jackals Net First Shootout Victory of Season, 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Win 6th Straight, 2-1 Over First Place Aces - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Cruise by Grizzlies - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Bakersfield Trips up Alaska 4-3 - Alaska Aces
- Thunder Offer Special Savings -- Youth Jersey Giveaway and Star Wars Night - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Fall in Victoria - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.