Bisons Take Game One in Extras
For the fifth consecutive home game, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs played extras at Coca-Cola Park. This time, however, they didn't walk off with the victory.
The Buffalo Bisons rallied from two runs down and scored in the top of the tenth to win 4-3 in both teams' first game after the All-Star Break.
The IronPigs were held out of the hit column until the bottom of the sixth inning against Bisons starter Sean Reid-Foley. With runners on first and second, Dylan Cozens blasted a 432 feet home run to right-center field to give the IronPigs the 3-1 lead.
Jacob Waguespack earned a no-decision despite tossing six innings of one-run ball. Waguespack allowed just three hits and struck out four.
The Bisons scratched across a pair of unearned runs off three Pigs errors in the top of the seventh inning to tie the game at three. The IronPigs bullpen was charged with three unearned runs, including the game-winner in the 10th. In four-innings they allowed three hits and struck out six.
The Bisons plated their free baserunner in the top of the tenth inning against Jake Thompson (1-2). A sacrifice fly by Anthony Alford plated placed runner Richard Urena. Jose Fernandez tossed a scoreless bottom of the tenth to record his first save of the year.
Lehigh Valley and Buffalo resume their four-game set Friday night at 7:05 p.m. Prior to the game, 3,000 guests 18 and older will receive an umbrella courtesy The Morning Call. Be sure to stick around after the game for postgame Madonna-themed fireworks.
The 2018 Season is the IronPigs' 11th season at Coca-Cola Park and 11th as the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Fans can get closer to the team than ever before with a Bacon, USA membership -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to the annual holiday party, and more. For more information, visit IronPigsBaseball.com or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Thanksgiving Salute, Cornhole, Fortnite Highlight Upcoming - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Play Fortnite with IronPigs, Pro Gamers this Sunday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Win Game One, Beat the Bulls 4-2 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Toledo Tops Tribe Behind Ninth-Inning Rally - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Stun Indians with Ninth-Inning Rally - Toledo Mud Hens
- Iribarren Records Milestone Hits in 6-4 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Win in Comeback Fashion, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Take Game One in Extras - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Haley Steers PawSox to 7-3 Win over Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wisler Bounces Back in 4-1 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chiefs Drop Opener out of the All-Star Break, 7-3 to PawSox - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bulls Stumble in Two-Run Loss - Durham Bulls
- 10 Hits Don't Go Far Enough, Tides Fall to Gwinnett - Norfolk Tides
- RailRiders' Bats Silent in 2-1 Defeat to Red Wings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Thursday, July 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: July 12 - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (48-39) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (49-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Minor League Baseball Extra Innings Report - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Bats Homestand Highlights: July 12-15 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Announce 2018 Walk of Fame Class - Rochester Red Wings
- OF Jonathan Davis Joins Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Super Hens Jersey Revealed - Toledo Mud Hens
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.