OF Jonathan Davis Joins Bisons
The Buffalo Bisons today announced that OF Jonathan Davis has been promoted to the Herd from the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. The Bisons begin the second half of their season tonight in Lehigh Valley against the IronPigs (7:05 p.m.).
The team also announced that RHP Preston Guilmet has been activated to the team after being outrighted from the Blue Jays. OFs Andrew Guillotte and Dalton Pompey have been transferred to New Hampshire.
Davis, the #28 prospect in the Blue Jays system by MLB.com, is enjoying a breakout year for the Fisher Cats. He leads all Eastern League players with 68 runs scored and tied for 2nd in the circuit with 92 hits (just one off the lead). His .302 average in 77 games is 9th in the league and he has also stolen 19 bases in only 22 attempts (4th in EL). His 22 doubles are 4th best in the Eastern League.
Davis, and Eastern League All-Star, recorded the Fisher Cats' first ever cycle on June 26 against Portland and also hit a grand slam against Reading last Sunday in New Hampshire's last game before their break. Along with his .302 average, Davis has also posted a .386 on-base percentage and an .829 OPS.
Guilmet has spent time with the Blue Jays and the Cardinals this season, appearing in eight big league games and allowing 13 runs in 10.0 innings of work. The right-handed reliever opened the 2015 season with the Bisons and posted a 1.26 ERA in 10 games and 14.1 innings pitched.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Thanksgiving Salute, Cornhole, Fortnite Highlight Upcoming - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Play Fortnite with IronPigs, Pro Gamers this Sunday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Win Game One, Beat the Bulls 4-2 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Toledo Tops Tribe Behind Ninth-Inning Rally - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Stun Indians with Ninth-Inning Rally - Toledo Mud Hens
- Iribarren Records Milestone Hits in 6-4 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Win in Comeback Fashion, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Take Game One in Extras - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Haley Steers PawSox to 7-3 Win over Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wisler Bounces Back in 4-1 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chiefs Drop Opener out of the All-Star Break, 7-3 to PawSox - Syracuse Mets
- Bulls Stumble in Two-Run Loss - Durham Bulls
- 10 Hits Don't Go Far Enough, Tides Fall to Gwinnett - Norfolk Tides
- RailRiders' Bats Silent in 2-1 Defeat to Red Wings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Thursday, July 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: July 12 - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (48-39) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (49-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Minor League Baseball Extra Innings Report - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Bats Homestand Highlights: July 12-15 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Announce 2018 Walk of Fame Class - Rochester Red Wings
- OF Jonathan Davis Joins Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Super Hens Jersey Revealed - Toledo Mud Hens
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Rich Baseball Operations President Jonathan Dandes to be Awarded Niagara University's Caritas Medal
- The Long History of Former Bisons as World Series Managers
- Sahlen Field - the New Home of the Herd
- Ballpark Home of the Buffalo Bisons Renamed as 'Sahlen Field'
- Once Again, Bisons Well Represented in MLB Postseason