Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (40-42, 3rd (-9.0), North) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (52-36, 1st, North)
Thursday, July 12, 2018 (7:05p.m.) - Coca-Cola Park
RHP Sean Reid-Foley (5-2, 4.10) vs. RHP Jacob Waguespack (0-5, 5.87)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Bisons.com
The Buffalo Bisons take on the Lehigh Valley IronPigs at Coca-Cola Park in the opener of a four game series, coming out of a three-day All-Star break. Buffalo will then play host to the Norfolk Tides and Durham Bulls July 16-22. The last time the Bisons played the two teams was April 20-25. The Bisons had C Danny Jansen and 3B Jason Leblebijian participated in last night's Triple-A All-Star Game. Leblebijian collected an RBI single and a run scored in his two at bats.
Last Game: BUF 0, SYR 3
RHP Chris Rowley picked up his sixth loss of the season going six innings while giving up seven hits, two runs and striking out six. Four more pitchers came out of the bullpen for the Herd. OF Roemon Fields doubled and picked up two more stolen bases increasing his team leading total to 18 on the season. INF Richard Urena also secured his second triple of the season.
Lehigh Valley (2-7)
The Bisons and IronPigs last played on June 22-24 in Buffalo. Lehigh Valley took the first two games of the series, and Sunday's game was rained out (6/24). Following this series, the two teams will meet again in Buffalo for a four-game series July 30-31, August 1-2. The Herd did not win in Allentown in 2017, but notched a 2-2 split in Lehigh Valley June 11-13.
Today's Starter: RHP Sean Reid-Foley
RHP Sean Reid-Foley takes the hill today in the series opener. This evening's game will be the first time the righty has pitched against the IronPigs. In his last start against Syracuse, Reid-Foley went six innings, and struck out eight to earn his team-leading fifth win of the season.
OF Roemon Fields picked up two more stolen bases in the loss on Sunday. The speedster leads the team with 18 on the season and is ranked third in IL standings. Fields also collected his eighth double of the season and extended his hitting streak to three games. Over his three game hitting streak, Fields is batting .308 (4-13).
INF Gio Urshela was 1-3, with a walk in Sunday's loss. The infielder is hitting .400 (4-10) in three games for the Herd since being sent down by the Blue Jays. Urshela has now collected 16 hits in 14 games in Triple-A this season as he began the year in Columbus (CLE).
The Bisons' have had 37 different pitchers appear in a game this season, 12 have made their Triple-A debut (5 started in first appearance)...By picking up the win on July 6th, RHP Sean Reid-Foley tied his career-high in wins (10) and accomplished this in only 17 starts.
The Blue Jays outrighted RHP Preston Guilmet to the Bisons (7/6) and OF Jonathan Davis has been promoted to the Bisons from New Hampshire (AA). OF Andrew Guillotte was reassigned to AA as well.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (42-49) fell to the Braves 5-9 in the finale of their series, splitting the two games with Atlanta. Toronto used seven different pitchers after RHP Sam Gaviglio gave up six runs in the second inning. The Jays rallied in the seventh inning. 2B Devon Travis had a grand slam, but Toronto fell just short of completing the comeback. Tonight the Blue Jays travel to Boston looking to end the first half of the season on a high note against their division rival. LHP J.A. Happ will take the mound tonight for the Jays, squaring off against LHP David Price (7:10 p.m.).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Thanksgiving Salute, Cornhole, Fortnite Highlight Upcoming - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Play Fortnite with IronPigs, Pro Gamers this Sunday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Win Game One, Beat the Bulls 4-2 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Toledo Tops Tribe Behind Ninth-Inning Rally - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Stun Indians with Ninth-Inning Rally - Toledo Mud Hens
- Iribarren Records Milestone Hits in 6-4 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Win in Comeback Fashion, 4-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Take Game One in Extras - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Haley Steers PawSox to 7-3 Win over Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wisler Bounces Back in 4-1 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chiefs Drop Opener out of the All-Star Break, 7-3 to PawSox - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bulls Stumble in Two-Run Loss - Durham Bulls
- 10 Hits Don't Go Far Enough, Tides Fall to Gwinnett - Norfolk Tides
- RailRiders' Bats Silent in 2-1 Defeat to Red Wings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Thursday, July 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: July 12 - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (48-39) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (49-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Minor League Baseball Extra Innings Report - Rochester Red Wings
- Louisville Bats Homestand Highlights: July 12-15 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Announce 2018 Walk of Fame Class - Rochester Red Wings
- OF Jonathan Davis Joins Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Super Hens Jersey Revealed - Toledo Mud Hens
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Pannone Superb in 4-3 Loss to Bulls
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (7:05 p.m.)
- Thursday: Celebrate Italian Heritage Night with Bisons Tent Party, Fireworks
- Bisons Rally from Behind Twice But Fall 5-4 in Extra-Innings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Norfolk (1:05 p.m.)