Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.)
June 19, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 69| Home Game # 34
BUFFALO BISONS (32-36, 5th, -8.0 North) vs INDIANAPOLIS INDIANS (37-31, 2nd, -3.5 West)
LHP Thomas Pannone (0-0, 6.75) vs. RHP Eduardo Vera (3-4, 5.75)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons will play game two of their three game series against the visiting Indianapolis Indians. Buffalo continues the homestand with a four-game weekend series against the Norfolk Tides. The Herd will then hit the road for a quick four-day, two-city road trip to Pawtucket and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Last Game: BUF 2, IND 5
Buffalo was topped by the Indianapolis Indians yesterday, as LHP Cam Vieaux took a no-hitter into the sixth-inning which was broken by an Andy Burns lead-off double. Socrates Brito launched a solo home run in the same inning. The two-run sixth was not enough for the Bisons to overcome the Indians five runs and strong pitching performances.
Indianapolis Indians (3-1)
Buffalo and Indianapolis are meeting for the second, and final, time of the 2019 season. In their previous meeting, the Bisons swept the Indians as they outscored them 27-9 in the three games. Last season the teams played just twice in Buffalo due to inclement weather in April.
LHP Thomas Pannone will get the start today for the Bisons after joining the club from Toronto. He comes into today's start with 35.0 IP in 23 appearances with the Blue Jays. His most recent outting came against the Houston Astros where he came in relief on 6/14, giving up two hits, including one home run. He will look to get his first win of the year with Buffalo after his lone Triple-A appearance that come on 5/18 vs. Louisville.
On Monday it was announced that Bobby Meacham will manage the International League at the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game next month. Meacham is the first Bisons manager to receive the honor since Marty Brown in 2005, and the fourth to manage in the game in the modern era.
OF Socrates Brito showed his power in yesterday's game as he tying game briefly in the sixth-inning with a long ball to center field. This was his fifth home run of the year, brining his RBI total to 26. With that home run, Brito is now hitting .333 off of LHP's while with the Bisons in 2019.
OF Anthony Alford finished 1-4 in yesterday's loss with a single in the sixth inning. His batting average continues to rise (.248) with his eight game hitting streak where he is 14-32 (.438).
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (26-47) lost their second game in a row against the Los Angeles Angels at Rogers Centre yesterday. Marcus Stroman pitched seven innings, allowing three runs off of four hits. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. was the lone source of offense for the Blue Jays, launcing a solo home run in the fourth inning. Game three of the series will be tonight at 7:07 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Pannone's Strong Start Propels Bisons to 6-3 Win over Indians - Buffalo Bisons
- Three-Run Sixth Dooms Tribe as Bisons Even Series - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Sweep Doubleheader from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Even Series against Gwinnett, Winning 9-5 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Rally past Norfolk in 10 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Tallies Eight Two-Out RBIs, Defeats Gwinnett 9-5 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Tejada Hits for Cycle, But Mets Fall to Knights, 9-7 - Syracuse Mets
- Knights Rally Late to Top Mets 9-7 - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings, Clippers Suspended Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Clipper's Game Suspended - Columbus Clippers
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Toledo Victorious in High Scoring Affair - Toledo Mud Hens
- Pigs losing streak extends to six with daytime loss - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (27-43) at Gwinnett Stripers (38-31) - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats to Hold 'Flash Sale' June 20-23 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (37-31) at Buffalo Bisons (32-36) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Falls in Extras to Gwinnett, 5-3 - Louisville Bats
- Duvall's Walk-Off Homer Sends Stripers to 5-3 Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Syracuse Prevails over Charlotte, 4-3, in Ten Innings on Tuesday Night - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Anthony Sprague: "We Miss You, Bisons Fans."
- Buffalo Bisons Will Not Play in 2020 as Minor League Baseball Seasons Are Canceled
- Malacaro Joins Blue Jays Minor League Announcers in 'Around the Nest'
- Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation Donates $20,000 to City of Buffalo's COVID-19 Initiatives
- Mayor Byron Brown Thanks the Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation for Supporting Community During COVID-19 Crisis