Pigs losing streak extends to six with daytime loss
(Toledo, OH) - June continues to be unkind to the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (32-36) as they lost 11-4 to the Toledo Mud Hens (30-39) on Wednesday afternoon. The IronPigs are now just 5-11 in June and have lost six straight games.
The Mud Hens took a 1-0 lead against Ramon Rosso (0-1) in the bottom of the third inning as Daz Cameron scored on an RBI groundout by Danny Woodrow. They extended their 2-0 lead against Rosso in the bottom of the fifth inning as Dustin Peterson hit his eighth home run of the season.
Phil Gosselin put Lehigh Valley on the scoreboard in the top of the sixth inning against Ryan Carpenter (2-4) as he hit an RBI to score Ali Castillo.
Toledo expanded their lead to 6-1 in the bottom of the sixth inning as Daniel Pinero hit an RBI single and Mikie Mahtook hit a three-run home run. Rosso left the game as he allowed six runs off six hits and one walk with four strikeouts in 5 1/3 innings.
Lehigh Valley cut Toldeo's lead to 6-4 in the top of the seventh inning. Malquin Canelo hit an RBI single off Zac Reininger to score Lane Adams. Ali Castillo was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded that brought in a run and Gift Ngoepe scored on a sacrifice fly by Gosselin.
Willi Castro hit an RBI double off Fernando Salas in the bottom of the seventh inning to give Toledo a 7-4 lead. The Mud Hens scored four runs off Austin Davis in the bottom of the eighth inning to take an 11-4 lead.
Jose Cisnero recorded his sixth save of the season by pitching 1 1/3 scoreless innings.
The Pigs and Mud Hens wrap up their series on Thursday night at 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Pannone's Strong Start Propels Bisons to 6-3 Win over Indians - Buffalo Bisons
- Three-Run Sixth Dooms Tribe as Bisons Even Series - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Sweep Doubleheader from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Even Series against Gwinnett, Winning 9-5 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Rally past Norfolk in 10 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Tallies Eight Two-Out RBIs, Defeats Gwinnett 9-5 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Tejada Hits for Cycle, But Mets Fall to Knights, 9-7 - Syracuse Mets
- Knights Rally Late to Top Mets 9-7 - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings, Clippers Suspended Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Clipper's Game Suspended - Columbus Clippers
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Toledo Victorious in High Scoring Affair - Toledo Mud Hens
- Pigs losing streak extends to six with daytime loss - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (27-43) at Gwinnett Stripers (38-31) - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats to Hold 'Flash Sale' June 20-23 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (37-31) at Buffalo Bisons (32-36) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Falls in Extras to Gwinnett, 5-3 - Louisville Bats
- Duvall's Walk-Off Homer Sends Stripers to 5-3 Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Syracuse Prevails over Charlotte, 4-3, in Ten Innings on Tuesday Night - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6