Duvall's Walk-Off Homer Sends Stripers to 5-3 Win
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - Adam Duvall hit a two-run walk-off home run in the bottom of the 10th inning to lead the Gwinnett Stripers (38-31) over the Louisville Bats (27-43) 5-3 on Tuesday night at Coolray Field.
Scoring Recap: The Stripers took a 1-0 lead in the second inning on an RBI double by Jack Lopez. Gwinnett added another run on an RBI single from Rafael Ortega in the third to extend the lead to 2-0. Louisville took a 3-2 lead in the sixth on RBI singles from Alex Blandino, Aristides Aquino, and Juan Graterol. Sean Kazmar Jr. tied the game at 3-3 in the ninth with a sacrifice fly. The Stripers won the game in the 10th on Duvall's 467-foot two-run homer (19) to left-center off Sal Romano.
Stripers Stats: Kolby Allard turned in his third straight quality start in a no-decision, yielding three runs over 6.0 innings and striking out a season-high nine. Jonathan Aro (W, 1-0) pitched a scoreless top of the 10th for the win. Lopez went 4-for-4 with a double and an RBI, Ortega went 2-for-4 with an RBI, and Duvall went 1-for-5 with a homer and two RBIs.
Bats Stats: Romano (BS, 2, L, 2-6) gave up three runs on three hits in 1.0 inning for the loss. Blandino and Graterol each went 2-for-4 with an RBI.
Quote: "The pitchers did a good job of keeping us in the game," Duvall said. We were able to come through in the end."
Postgame Notes: Duvall's walk-off homer was the first by a Striper since July 18, 2018 vs. Indianapolis, when Rio Ruiz hit a two-run blast in the ninth for a 4-2 victory. Gwinnett improved to 3-3 in extra innings this season with the win. The game was played following a 1:38 rain delay.
Next Game (Wednesday, June 19): Gwinnett vs. Louisville, 7:05 p.m. at Coolray Field. RHP Patrick Weigel (0-0, 2.53 ERA) for the Stripers vs. Tejay Antone (NR) for the Bats. Radio Broadcast: 6:50 p.m. on 97.7 and 93.5 FM "The Other Side of the River."
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Pannone's Strong Start Propels Bisons to 6-3 Win over Indians - Buffalo Bisons
- Three-Run Sixth Dooms Tribe as Bisons Even Series - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls Sweep Doubleheader from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Even Series against Gwinnett, Winning 9-5 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Rally past Norfolk in 10 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Tallies Eight Two-Out RBIs, Defeats Gwinnett 9-5 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Tejada Hits for Cycle, But Mets Fall to Knights, 9-7 - Syracuse Mets
- Knights Rally Late to Top Mets 9-7 - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings, Clippers Suspended Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Clipper's Game Suspended - Columbus Clippers
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Toledo Victorious in High Scoring Affair - Toledo Mud Hens
- Pigs losing streak extends to six with daytime loss - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (27-43) at Gwinnett Stripers (38-31) - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats to Hold 'Flash Sale' June 20-23 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (37-31) at Buffalo Bisons (32-36) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Falls in Extras to Gwinnett, 5-3 - Louisville Bats
- Duvall's Walk-Off Homer Sends Stripers to 5-3 Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Syracuse Prevails over Charlotte, 4-3, in Ten Innings on Tuesday Night - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gwinnett Stripers Stories
- Gwinnett Stripers' Coolray Field to Host Braves Taxi Squad
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce National Anthem Auditions
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce 2020 Promotions Schedule
- Reigning IL Manager of the Year Damon Berryhill Returns to Gwinnett
- Gwinnett Stripers to Debut "Thirsty Thursday" in 2020