Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.)
September 2, 2019 | 12:05 p.m. ET | PNC Field | Moosic, PA| Game # 140 | Road Game # 70
BUFFALO BISONS (70-69, T-3rd, -5.0 North) at SCRANTON/WILKES-BARRE RAILRIDERS (75-64, 1st, +1.0 North)
RHP Sean Reid-Foley (3-5, 6.56) vs. LHP Josh Machiejewski (NR)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon, the Bisons will close the 2019 season by taking on the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. With a win, Buffalo would secure its first winning season since 2014 (77-66).
Last Game: BUF 12, SWB 15
The Bisons and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre traded big innings throughout the course of the game, but the RailRiders outlasted Buffalo. OF Forrest Wall hit his first Triple-A home run in the loss, a solo shot in the eighth inning. INF Andy Burns also hit his 18th homer of the season in the losing effort. UTIL Patrick Kivlehan increased his RBI total to 75 on the season, as well.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (7-13)
Buffalo and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre are meeting one last time in 2019 for the sixth overall series of the year. The last time these two IL North rivals met was June 26-28 in Moosic.
RHP Sean Reid-Foley takes the hill for the 2019 season finale. Today's start will mark the 20th outing for the righty with Buffalo this season. Reid-Foley is also 2-4 with a 4.26ERA in nine appearances, including six starts, with Toronto this season.
Year In Review
Despite the season coming to a close for Buffalo today, it has been quite an eventful and memorable year for the Herd. The following are just a few statistical records from the Bisons 2019 campaign:
T.J. Zeuch No-Hitter
On August 19, RHP T.J. Zeuch became just the second Bisons pitcher to throw a No-Hitter since 1985. Zeuch, who allowed just one walk and hit a batter, joined RHP Bartolo Colon as the only pair to not allow a hit in a game in the Modern Era. Colon achieved his "no-no' on June 20, 1997 against New Orleans.
In Buffalo's 20-win month of June, RHP Zach Jackson posted a 0.48 ERA in 11 appearances (18.2 IP). Jackson also earned two wins in the month, eventually giving him a total of nine on the season. His nine wins are the most by a Bisons reliever since RHP Jack Cressend went 10-1 in 2004.
INF Patrick Kivlehan became the 11th Bisons player to hit 25 home runs in a season and first since DH Mauro Gomez, who hit 29 in 2013. In addition, Kivlehan is tied with C Alex Jackson (GWN) for five multi-home run games in the IL. The pair trail only 1B Brian O'Grady, 6 (LOU) and 1B Bobby Bradley, 7 (COL). The 25 longballs are also the most Kivlehan has hit with one team in his entire eight-year professional career, surpassing the 22 he hit with Triple-A Tacoma in 2015.
Toronto (55-83) was no-hit by RHP Justin Verlander in the finale of their three-game series against the Houston Astros, 2-0. It is Verlander's third no-hitter of his career and second at Rogers Centre, compelting the feat in 2011 with the Detroit Tigers. Today the Blue Jays begin a two-game series in Atlanta against the Braves.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 2, 2019
- Reinheimer Propels Tides to 10-Inning Win - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Fall to Tides 7-6 in 10 Innings, Ending 2019 Season - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Attendance the Highest in a Season Since 2010 - Rochester Red Wings
- Mets Beat Red Wings, 8-4, to Force One-Game Playoff for North Division Title - Syracuse Mets
- IronPigs 2019 season ends - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Marvel Earns Another Win as Indians Blank Bats, 4-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Kazmar's Big Day Sends Stripers to 80th Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Sturgeon Slams Walk-Off Shot in Season Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Clinch Playoff Berth Despite Loss - Durham Bulls
- Bats Drop Final Game of Season to Indians, 4-0 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets Top Wings in Season Finale - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders heading to a one-game playoff Tuesday vs. Syracuse at 1:05 p.m. - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hens Close Season in Front of Sellout Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Red Wings Announce 2019 Team Awards - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-74) at Louisville Bats (59-80) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Indianapolis Indians (65-74) at Louisville Bats (59-80) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Mike Buczkowski Named 2019 International League "Executive of the Year"
- 'Ballpark Brew Bash' Craft Beer Festival Returns to Sahlen Field September 21
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.)