Bats Drop Final Game of Season to Indians, 4-0
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville Bats (59-81) were defeated by the Indianapolis Indians (66-74) by a 4-0 score for the final game at Louisville Slugger Field in the 2019 season. Jose Siri went 3-for-3 in the game with a double, his nineteenth of the season.
The Indians threatened early loading the bases in the first, but the Bats held them scoreless. The game remained scoreless until the fifth inning when Will Craig hit a ground-rule double to score Kevin Kramer, who went 3-for-5, and put the Indians up 1-0.
Louisville loaded the bases in the bottom half of the fifth but couldn't get a run across. Indianapolis added two more runs in the seventh inning when Eric Wood hit a two-run RBI double to put the Indians up 3-0. Indianapolis had three doubles in the game with Wood, Mitchell Tolman and Ke'Bryan Hayes all hitting doubles.
The Indians added to their lead in the ninth when Trayvon Robinson hit a single to score Hayes and put Indianapolis up by four.
Eric Stout (2-2, 6.27) started the game for Louisville and got the loss throwing 4.2 innings, giving up one run on six hits, walking two and striking out six.
James Marvel (7-0, 2.67) started for Indianapolis and got the win, tossing 5.0 innings, giving up five hits, walking two and striking out five. Brandon Waddell got his first save of the season in his 2.0 innings, not giving up any hits and striking out two.
The Bats finish the season with a 59-81 record. The first game of the 2020 season is April 9 against the Columbus Clippers for a two-game series and then the Bats make their way home for a five game homestand against the Clippers and Toledo Mud Hens.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 2, 2019
- Reinheimer Propels Tides to 10-Inning Win - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Fall to Tides 7-6 in 10 Innings, Ending 2019 Season - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Attendance the Highest in a Season Since 2010 - Rochester Red Wings
- Mets Beat Red Wings, 8-4, to Force One-Game Playoff for North Division Title - Syracuse Mets
- IronPigs 2019 season ends - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Marvel Earns Another Win as Indians Blank Bats, 4-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Kazmar's Big Day Sends Stripers to 80th Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Sturgeon Slams Walk-Off Shot in Season Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Clinch Playoff Berth Despite Loss - Durham Bulls
- Bats Drop Final Game of Season to Indians, 4-0 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets Top Wings in Season Finale - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders heading to a one-game playoff Tuesday vs. Syracuse at 1:05 p.m. - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hens Close Season in Front of Sellout Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Red Wings Announce 2019 Team Awards - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-74) at Louisville Bats (59-80) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Indianapolis Indians (65-74) at Louisville Bats (59-80) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville Bats Stories
- Stephenson, Aquino Surge for Cincinnati
- Bats Nominated for MiLB's Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award
- Tejay Antone Named International League Pitcher of the Week
- Bats Drop Final Game of Season to Indians, 4-0
- Game Notes: Indianapolis Indians (65-74) at Louisville Bats (59-80)