Bigbie Goes 4-4 in 9-6 K-Town Win over Kenosha
KENOSHA, Wis. - Â The K-Town Bobbers (4-5) pulled within one win of tying the Kenosha Series on a 9-6 win over the Kenosha Kingfish (5-4) on Sunday afternoon at Simmons Field.
Walker Jenkins (Missouri State) started the scoring for K-Town on a solo home run to right field in the second inning.
The Kingfish answered in the bottom of the second by taking a 2-1 lead. Evan Albrecht (Purdue) scored the first run of the inning on an error by Bobbers second baseman Marcus Cline (UW-Milwaukee). Jack Thelen (UW-Milwaukee) drove in Kenosha's second run of the frame on an RBI single.
The Bobbers took advantage of two errors in the 3rd inning by Kingfish shortstop Albrecht to take a 4-3 lead. Jared Weber (Florida A&M) drove in the first run on one of the errors and was followed by Cline with an RBI single and an RBI fielder's choice by Jenkins.
The Bobbers extended their lead 6-2 in the 7th inning on a Justice Bigbie (Western Carolina) RBI single to right field that brought Jenkins home.
Kenosha responded with four runs in the bottom of the seventh to tie the game 6-6. Justin Barr (Akron) and Janas sparked the Kingfish offense with back-to-back hits to start out the inning. Thelen hit a double for Kenosha's third straight hit to drive in Barr and pull the Bobbers lead down to 6-3. With one out Mitchell Buban (UW-Milwaukee) tied the game on a three run home run to right field.
K-Town took the lead in the ninth 8-6 on a bases clearing RBI triple by Drew Benefield (Dallas Baptist University) that scored Harris and Bigbie who led off the frame with back-to-back base hits. James Shimashita (San Jose State) added an insurance run for K-Town later in the inning by driving in Benefield for a 9-6 Bobbers lead.
Jacob DeLabio (Carthage College) took the loss pitching 1.0 inning and allowing three runs, all of them earned, on four hits.
Brandon McPherson (Northern Illinois University) got the win after pitching the 8th inning and recording two strikeouts.
Anthony DeFrancesco (Arizona Christian University) slammed the door in the ninth for K-Town and earned the save. He finished with two strikeouts in the frame.
Thelen finished the game 3-4 with a double and two RBIs.
Bigbie went 4-4 for K-Town scoring one run. He also had a walk and an RBI.
The 2020 Kenosha Series resumes at Simmons Field on Thursday at 6:05 PM CT with the Bobbers hosting the Kingfish.
Free audio coverage of all 2020 Kenosha Series games can be streamed on the Kenosha Kingfish Radio Network Facebook Page while a streamed television production is available to watch on the Northwoods League Baseball Network.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 26, 2020
- Mac Daddies Topple Growlers in Tripleheader, 2-1 - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Spitters Slam Door on Resorters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Roll Loggers 7-1 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Pitching Stifles Loggers in 7-1 Loss - La Crosse Loggers
- Bigbie Goes 4-4 in 9-6 K-Town Win over Kenosha - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks' Early Offensive Output Too Much for Booyah - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- MoonDogs Stay Hot with Sixth Straight Win to Sweep HonkersÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Honkers Swept in Weekend Series Finale Despite Kindreich's Superb Start - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Take the Road for First of Two in La Crosse - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Host Only Sunday Game of Year - Green Bay Booyah
- Former Kalamazoo Growler Caleb Baragar Debuts with the Giants - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Former Mankato MoonDog Alex Vesia Debuts with the Marlins - Northwoods
- Former Kalamazoo Growler Caleb Baragar Debuts with the Giants - Northwoods
- Loggers Split Two-Game Set with Woodchucks - La Crosse Loggers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kenosha Kingfish Stories
- Kingfish Close 2020 Kenosha Series with 8-5 WIn
- Kingfish Defeat Bobbers 18-0 in Record Setting Night
- Bobbers Stop Eight Game Skid with 8-3 Win over Kingfish
- Kingfish Win Eighth Straight to Tie Team Record Win Streak
- Kingfish Take 2020 Kenosha Series with 7th Straight Win