Bees Take Series Finale over Cedar Rapids
Catcher Alex Olmeda went 2 for 3, including a grand slam, Sunday afternoon as the Bees trounced Cedar Rapids 6-2. Francisco Del Valle opened the top of the second with a double. He was followed by a walk to Nonie Williams, a wild pitch, and a walk to Gleyvin Pineda. That set the stage for Olmeda to launch an 0-1 bomb to left.
The Bees were up 4-0 and never looked back. In the fourth they drew two more walks before D.C. Arendas was hit by a pitch. Both free passes scored, as Michael Stefanic singled, and Livan Soto hit a sacrifice fly.
Kyle Tyler threw five innings in his second start, earning his first win on three this, two walks, and two strikeouts. Connor Higgins gave the Bees two scoreless no bit innings.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 15, 2019
- Gridley and Cohen Propel Snappers to 3-0 Win - Beloit Snappers
- Acevedo Spins Quality Start in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cabbage Homers Late in Loss to Quad Cities - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dubin Dominates, Bandits Collect Season-High 13 Hits in 7-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Late-Inning Lugs Rally Again, 6-2 in 10 Innings - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Notch Shutout Win over Fort Wayne, 4-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Wisconsin Starts Road Trip on the Wrong Foot - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 15 at Dayton (Game 12) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons President Robert Murphy to be Inducted into DBJ Forty Under 40 Hall of Fame - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Receive 2018 'Fields of Excellence' Award - Great Lakes Loons
- Gabriel Maciel activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Community All-Stars Program "Honoring Dayton's Best" - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Take Series Finale over Cedar Rapids - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts to Hold Easter Egg Helicopter Drop this Saturday - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.