Acevedo Spins Quality Start in Dayton
DAYTON, Ohio - Angel Acevedo turned in a quality start, but the TinCaps fell to the Dayton Dragons (Cincinnati Reds affiliate), 4-0, on a cool Monday night at Fifth Third Field.
The 20-year-old right-hander from Venezuela went six innings, yielding only two unearned runs in the bottom of the first inning. Acevedo struck out a career-high seven and didn't walk a single batter as he limited the Dragons (4-7) to four hits.
However, the 'Caps (7-5) were 0-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left nine one base as they were shut out for the first time this season. Fort Wayne entered the game leading the Midwest League in runs, averaging more than 5 per game.
Left fielder Grant Little doubled in the first inning to extend his hitting streak to eight games and reach base for the 10th time in as many games played this season, but that was the lone extra-base hit of the game for the TinCaps, who totaled four hits, a walk, and a hit batter. Right fielder Dwanya Williams-Sutton was the one hit by a pitch. He, too, has reached base safely in all 10 games he's played in this year.
Dayton added a pair of insurance runs in the eighth.
Tuesday, April 16 @ Dayton (7:00 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Ryan Weathers
- Dragons Probable Starter: RHP Jhon De Jesus
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 15, 2019
- Gridley and Cohen Propel Snappers to 3-0 Win - Beloit Snappers
- Acevedo Spins Quality Start in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cabbage Homers Late in Loss to Quad Cities - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dubin Dominates, Bandits Collect Season-High 13 Hits in 7-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Late-Inning Lugs Rally Again, 6-2 in 10 Innings - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Notch Shutout Win over Fort Wayne, 4-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Wisconsin Starts Road Trip on the Wrong Foot - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 15 at Dayton (Game 12) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons President Robert Murphy to be Inducted into DBJ Forty Under 40 Hall of Fame - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Receive 2018 'Fields of Excellence' Award - Great Lakes Loons
- Gabriel Maciel activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Community All-Stars Program "Honoring Dayton's Best" - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Take Series Finale over Cedar Rapids - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts to Hold Easter Egg Helicopter Drop this Saturday - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 25 at South Bend (Game 20)
- TinCaps Seek Nominees for Military Salutes in 2019
- Hunt Homers, But Fort Wayne Drops the Series Finale
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 24 vs. Bowling Green (Game 19)
- TinCaps Continue Military Appreciation Night in 2019