Baker Headed to Cincinnati Organization
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - The Kansas City Monarchs announced today the contract of RHP Dylan Baker has been transferred to the Cincinnati Reds organization. Baker is the third player transferred to a Major League organization during the six-game Monarchs road trip and the 15th since February of 2021.
The Juneau, Alaska native pitched for Kansas City in 2019 and for the league-champion Milwaukee Milkmen in 2020 before returning to Kansas City for the 2021 season.
He made three starts for the Monarchs this year, working a 2-0 record and a 2.57 ERA. He also made one relief appearance to bring his total to 21 innings of work.
"This is another prime reason why independent baseball is so special," manager Joe Calfapietra said. "Dylan Baker signs with us in 2019 and continues to work to get better every day as a person and player-as we all do. He's gone through a lot through this grind and as with everyone that gets this chance, we as an organization are very excited he's getting this opportunity."
In his most recent appearance-a 4-3 extra-inning loss to Gary SouthShore on June 8-Baker pitched seven innings, striking out seven while allowing only three runs on seven hits. The quality start earned him a no decision in the match-up.
"I am excited for this opportunity the Reds are giving me, and I will be definitely taking advantage of it," said Dylan Baker. "It's hard to put into words, but I am just so thankful to be a part of the Monarchs. The whole staff is amazing! I can't thank Joe Calfapietra enough for the chance to play and for always believing in me."
The Monarchs will play finish their series with the Gary SouthShore Railcats on June 10 before returning to Kansas City to host the Houston Apollos in a three-game series over the weekend. The games can be heard on the Monarchs Broadcast Network with the pre-game beginning at 6:45 p.m., and the video stream will air on aabaseball.tv.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 10, 2021
- RailCats Drop Series Finale to Monarchs - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Nehrir Matches League Record with Six Hits as Cleburne Sweeps - Cleburne Railroaders
- Goldeyes' Thompson Headed to Cardinals - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- 'Dogs Take Series from Houston - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes Take Both Games of Double Header - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Baker Headed to Cincinnati Organization - Kansas City Monarchs
- RedHawks Pitchers One-Hit Milwaukee in Series Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Name Selected for Lake Country Baseball Team - Lake Country DockHounds
- McGovern's Contract Transferred to the St. Louis Cardinals Organization - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Goldeyes Sign Canadian Right-Hander - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Milkmen Win Streak Extended to Six Games - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Canaries Rally Falls Just Short vs. Railroaders - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Dogs Take Series from X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Bird Cage Special; Railroaders Scrap Past Canaries to Clinch Series - Cleburne Railroaders
- Milkmen Sour RedHawks at Home with 5-0 Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.