Atlanta United Signs Rocco Rios Novo to Short Term Agreement
ATLANTA - Atlanta United announced today that goalkeeper Rocco RÃos Novo has signed a Short-Term Agreement for the club's Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 match at LD Alajuelense Tuesday night. Per MLS rule, The four-day contract allows clubs to sign players on loan from their USL affiliate for U.S. Open Cup, CONCACAF Champions League, AMWAY Canadian Championship and exhibition matches.
RÃos Novo, 18, signed with Atlanta United 2 on loan from LanÃºs on March 2. He was born in Los Angeles, California but moved to Argentina at a young age where he joined LanÃºs' youth academy. He has been a fixture with Argentina's Youth National Teams representing the U-15s and the U-17s. He was the starting goalkeeper during the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup and the 2019 South American U-17 Championship, where Argentina won its fourth title as RÃos Novo collected five clean sheets in eight matches.
An MLS club may sign a player to a maximum of four short term agreements each season (maximum of 16 days).
Atlanta United will begin its 2021 season Tuesday night in the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 match at LD Alajuelense in Alajuela, Costa Rica. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 8:00 p.m. EST (FS1). The return leg will be played at Fifth Third Bank Stadium in Kennesaw on Tuesday, April 13.
Name: Rocco RÃos Novo
Birthdate: June 4, 2002 (18)
Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
Citizenship: United States, Argentina
Transaction: Signed a four-day Short-Term Agreement with Atlanta United on April 5, 2021
2021 Atlanta United roster (as of April 5, 2021)
Goalkeepers (4): Brad Guzan, Alec Kann, Ben Lundgaard, Rocco Rios Novo^
Defenders (13): Mikey Ambrose, George Bello, George Campbell, Alex De John, Jack Gurr, Franco Escobar*, Andrew Gutman***, Ronald HernÃ¡ndez, Brooks Lennon, Fernando Meza**, Efrain Morales, Miles Robinson, Anton Walkes
Midfielders (11): Mo Adams, Ezequiel Barco, Machop Chol, Jürgen Damm, Emerson Hyndman, Franco Ibarra, Marcelino Moreno, Jake Mulraney, Matheus Rossetto, Santiago Sosa, Tyler Wolff
Forwards (5): Jackson Conway, Erik Lopez, Lisandro López, Josef Martinez, Erick "Cubo" Torres
^ - on four-day Short Term Agreement
* - on loan with Newell's Old Boys
** - on loan with Defensa y Justicia
*** - on loan with New York Red Bulls
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 5, 2021
- Atlanta United Signs Rocco Rios Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Signs Academy Product Kaveh Rad - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC Receives Approval to Welcome Fans Back to Lumen Field in a Limited Capacity to Open 2021 MLS Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. LD Alajuelense - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Signs Midfielder Raul Aguilera as Club's 10th All-Time Homegrown - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Three Preseason Fixtures to Finish 2021 Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Philadelphia Union Announce Partnership with Founders Brewing Co. - Philadelphia Union
- Austin FC Announces Verde & Black, the Official Austin FC Podcast - Austin FC
- Head Coach Gary Smith 'Very Pleased' with Team's Attitude, Mentality After 1-0 Victory over Tampa Bay Rowdies - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas and Legends Hospitality Announce 11 New Food Items for 2021 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Defender Gustavo Vallecilla on Loan from Ecuadorian Side SD Aucas - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Jack Gurr - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Loans Thomas Chacon to Uruguay's Liverpool FC - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville SC 2021 Single Game Tickets on Sale Today to General Public in the 300 Level for the First Two Matches - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Announces Partnership with Central Bank of the Midwest - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Tickets for Home Opener at Soldier Field on Sale - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS to Implement Concussion Substitutes Initiative - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.