MNUFC Loans Thomas Chacon to Uruguay's Liverpool FC
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today that the club will loan midfielder Thomas Chacon to Liverpool Futbol Club of the Uruguayan first division through the 2021 season with an option to buy.
"We felt that given Thomas has been with us two seasons and has had limited playing time, that it was imperative he go and play some football, that's the most important thing," said MNUFC Head Coach Adrian Heath. "He's still only 20 years of age, he's got time left on his contract, but the kid has got to play and we think this is the best opportunity for him in his development as a footballer. He'll be in his home country, near his family, we're hoping it's a really successful loan spell for him and when he comes back, he's ready to make an impact for us on the field."
Transaction: Minnesota United loans midfielder Thomas Chacon to Liverpool Futbol Club of the Uruguayan first division through the 2021 season with an option to buy.
Date of birth: 08.17.2000 (20 years old)
Weight: 128 lbs.
Birthplace: Palmitas, Uruguay
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 5, 2021
- Atlanta United Signs Rocco Rios Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Signs Academy Product Kaveh Rad - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC Receives Approval to Welcome Fans Back to Lumen Field in a Limited Capacity to Open 2021 MLS Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. LD Alajuelense - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Signs Midfielder Raul Aguilera as Club's 10th All-Time Homegrown - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Three Preseason Fixtures to Finish 2021 Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Philadelphia Union Announce Partnership with Founders Brewing Co. - Philadelphia Union
- Austin FC Announces Verde & Black, the Official Austin FC Podcast - Austin FC
- Head Coach Gary Smith 'Very Pleased' with Team's Attitude, Mentality After 1-0 Victory over Tampa Bay Rowdies - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas and Legends Hospitality Announce 11 New Food Items for 2021 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Defender Gustavo Vallecilla on Loan from Ecuadorian Side SD Aucas - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Jack Gurr - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Loans Thomas Chacon to Uruguay's Liverpool FC - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville SC 2021 Single Game Tickets on Sale Today to General Public in the 300 Level for the First Two Matches - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Announces Partnership with Central Bank of the Midwest - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Tickets for Home Opener at Soldier Field on Sale - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS to Implement Concussion Substitutes Initiative - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.