7th Annual Pink at the Rink Game- Sunday, January 27
MISSISSAUGA, ON - On Sunday January 27, the Mississauga Steelheads will play host to the Sudbury Wolves in the 7th annual Pink at the Rink game presented by Pandora Square One.
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community-based organization whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second leading cause of cancer-related death among Canadian women. A breast cancer diagnosis is a life altering experience. The Canadian Cancer Society is working to create a world where no Canadian fears cancer. The CCS provides information and support to women and men living with breast cancer, and everyone else around them affected by cancer. On January 27, we encourage our fans to join us and help raise awareness and funds and create a future without breast cancer.
Tonya Steward, the Regional Director GTA of the Canadian Cancer Society comments on behalf of the impact this event has on their foundation. "The Canadian Cancer Society is proud to partner with the Mississauga Steelheads Hockey Club again this year at their Pink at the Rink game night. On average 72 women are diagnosed with breast cancer every day. Our mother, sisters, aunts, friends and daughters are living with and beyond this disease because of the generosity of partners like the Mississauga Steelheads. Together, we are doing the most to support women living with breast cancer today and working for a future free from breast cancer".
The Steelheads are proud to announce that the club will be donating $5 from every Platinum level ticket sold for the game on January 27 to the Breast Cancer Cause of the Canadian Cancer Society.
As always, the Steelheads will don unique PINK jerseys in support of the Canadian Cancer Society. These one-of-a-kind jerseys will be available for auction following the game on CHL Auctions will all proceeds to be donated to the Breast Cancer Cause of the Canadian Cancer Society.
For more information about the Pink at the Rink game night presented by Pandora Square One on January 27 featuring the Steelheads and Wolves, please visit mississaugasteelheads.com. Great seats for the game are available at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre Box Office, online at ticketmaster.ca or by phone at 1-855-682-6736. If you want to know more about cancer, visit www.cancer.ca or call the toll-free, bilingual Cancer Information Service at 1-888-939-3333.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Brazeau Nets OT Winner - North Bay Battalion
- Colts Fall Prey to the Wolves 4-3 - Barrie Colts
- Dogs Pick up Point in 6-5 OT Loss to Storm - Niagara IceDogs
- 7th Annual Pink at the Rink Game- Sunday, January 27 - Mississauga Steelheads
- Weekend Preview: Steelheads Set for Another 3-In-3 on the Road - Mississauga Steelheads
- Steelheads Complete Trade with Petes - Mississauga Steelheads
- Pick Acquired for Vescio - North Bay Battalion
- Petes Acquire Forward Michael Little from the Mississauga Steelheads - Peterborough Petes
- Sting Acquire Anthony Tabak from the Sudbury Wolves - Sarnia Sting
- London and Flint Complete Trade - London Knights
- Steelheads Complete Trade with Hamilton - Mississauga Steelheads
- 7th Annual Bell Let's Talk Game Sunday, January 20 - Mississauga Steelheads
- Wolves Make Roster Move - Sudbury Wolves
- Spits Acquire Rights to Bernard, Trade Patton to Guelph - Windsor Spitfires
- Otters Trade Bernard to Spitfires for Russett - Erie Otters
- Mississauga Next Test - North Bay Battalion
- Sting Dropped by Soo - Sarnia Sting
- Generals Acquire Prospect Cal Schell from the Battalion in Exchange for a Draft Selection - Oshawa Generals
- Generals Trade Joseph Rupoli to the Rangers in Exchange for Draft Selections - Oshawa Generals
- Pytlik Joins Greyhounds - Soo Greyhounds
- Lemaire Commits to Wolves - Sudbury Wolves
- Wolves Complete Trade with IceDogs - Sudbury Wolves
- IceDogs Acquire McGrath from Wolves - Niagara IceDogs
- London and Erie Complete Trade - London Knights
- Garagan Acquired from Hamilton - Windsor Spitfires
- Erie Otters Acquire Jacob Golden from London Knights - Erie Otters
- Petes Trade Cameron Supryka to the Hamilton Bulldogs in Exchange for Pick - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississauga Steelheads Stories
- Nicholas Canade's Season in Review
- Sharpe Commits to Steelheads
- Professional Canadian Golfer Taylor Pendrith Joins the Steelheads Family
- Steelheads' Thomas Harley Named OHL Scholastic Player of the Year
- Steelheads' Nicholas Canade Named OHL Humanitarian of the Year