Petes Acquire Forward Michael Little from the Mississauga Steelheads
(Peterborough, ON) - Peterborough Petes General Manager Michael Oke announced Thursday that the team has acquired forward Michael Little from the Mississauga Steelheads in exchange for forward Nick Isaacson and an OHL Priority Selection pick.
Little, a 2000-born left winger, was selected in the third round, 59th overall by the Steelheads in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection. The 6'0", 187lbs Mississauga native has recorded 23 goals, 33 assists, and 56 points in 149 games with the Steelheads, including 8 goals, 12 assists, and 20 points this season.
"In Michael we're acquiring an energetic and highly competitive player," commented Oke. "He is strong on the forecheck and on his skates, and likes to be physical. We're excited to add him to our group."
The Petes also acquire a conditional sixth round OHL Priority Selection pick in 2023 from the Steelheads.
Little is expected to be in the lineup when the Petes host the Oshawa Generals tonight at 7:05pm. Tickets are available through the Collins Barrow Box Office in person, over the phone at (705) 743-3561, and online.
In the deal, Mississauga acquires 1999-born forward Nick Isaacson and Owen Sound's third round pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection.
"We thank Nick for the contributions he has made in Peterborough over the past three years and wish him nothing but the best as he moves forward in Mississauga," Oke added.
In an additional roster move, forward Jake Partridge has been released from the club.
Enter promo code WelcomeMichael in the Lansdowne Place My Rewards section of the Petes app to earn loyalty reward points. Want to hear about more Petes contests and promotions? Join thousands of fans and stay up to date with the Petes by downloading the Peterborough Petes Mobile App, available for iPhone or Android devices.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Brazeau Nets OT Winner - North Bay Battalion
- Colts Fall Prey to the Wolves 4-3 - Barrie Colts
- Dogs Pick up Point in 6-5 OT Loss to Storm - Niagara IceDogs
- 7th Annual Pink at the Rink Game- Sunday, January 27 - Mississauga Steelheads
- Weekend Preview: Steelheads Set for Another 3-In-3 on the Road - Mississauga Steelheads
- Steelheads Complete Trade with Petes - Mississauga Steelheads
- Pick Acquired for Vescio - North Bay Battalion
- Petes Acquire Forward Michael Little from the Mississauga Steelheads - Peterborough Petes
- Sting Acquire Anthony Tabak from the Sudbury Wolves - Sarnia Sting
- London and Flint Complete Trade - London Knights
- Steelheads Complete Trade with Hamilton - Mississauga Steelheads
- 7th Annual Bell Let's Talk Game Sunday, January 20 - Mississauga Steelheads
- Wolves Make Roster Move - Sudbury Wolves
- Spits Acquire Rights to Bernard, Trade Patton to Guelph - Windsor Spitfires
- Otters Trade Bernard to Spitfires for Russett - Erie Otters
- Mississauga Next Test - North Bay Battalion
- Sting Dropped by Soo - Sarnia Sting
- Generals Acquire Prospect Cal Schell from the Battalion in Exchange for a Draft Selection - Oshawa Generals
- Generals Trade Joseph Rupoli to the Rangers in Exchange for Draft Selections - Oshawa Generals
- Pytlik Joins Greyhounds - Soo Greyhounds
- Lemaire Commits to Wolves - Sudbury Wolves
- Wolves Complete Trade with IceDogs - Sudbury Wolves
- IceDogs Acquire McGrath from Wolves - Niagara IceDogs
- London and Erie Complete Trade - London Knights
- Garagan Acquired from Hamilton - Windsor Spitfires
- Erie Otters Acquire Jacob Golden from London Knights - Erie Otters
- Petes Trade Cameron Supryka to the Hamilton Bulldogs in Exchange for Pick - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.