7eventh Time Down to Perform During Upcoming Legends Homestand
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends welcome in the Rome Braves in the final homestand of July. The Legends will host the popular band, 7eventh Time Down on Faith and Family Night and then allow fans to bring their barnyard animals during Barn in the Park. Throughout the homestand, Legends and BUSH'S® Beans are working with God's Pantry Food Bank to "Team Up Against Hunger." In its second year, this program encourages fans to bring non-perishable food donations to Whitaker Bank Ballpark and, in turn, fans will receive a $9 Box Seat for helping to feed the local community through the Food Bank.
"This homestand is a great representation of the Legends commitment to the Lexington community. In addition to our newest promotion with Bush's Baked Beans and God's Pantry, being able to bring together the military community and the faith-based community all in one weekend really shows what the Legends are all about!" said Legends President/CEO Andy Shea.
Friday, July 27 at 7:05 p.m. vs. Rome: Our #stachetastic friends at T-Mobile will be hosting Veterans Appreciation Night at Whitaker Bank Ballpark on Friday, July 27 during the Legends game against the Rome Braves. The night will consist of events honoring all branches of the military and learning more about the program T-Mobile unveiled this season. Before the game, all military personnel can stop by the Legends Box Office with their identification and receive a FREE ticket to the game! #HatsOff4Heroes is a program that'll see T-Mobile donate $1 to Team Rubicon every time anyone uses the hashtag #HatsOff4Heroes on Twitter and Instagram. The hashtag counts whether you're a T-Mobile customer or not, and T-Mobile says that they donate a minimum of $1 million. Following the game, the Legends will have sensory-friendly fireworks sponsored by AARP that will not produce the normal amount of noise that traditional fireworks set off.
Saturday, July 28 at 6:35 p.m. vs. Rome: Faith and Family Night presented by Asbury University will get underway at 6:35pm and will feature a postgame concert by national recording artist 7eventh Time Down. Following the game, there will be postgame fireworks and then fans can head out to the plaza to the concert. Join us as we welcome once again the band that originated in Mt. Vernon, Kentucky and has toured the country, performing hits from their albums "Alive In You", "Only King Forever", and "God is on the Move." Group packages start as low as $7.00/ticket and include a ticket to the game, fireworks show and concert!
Sunday, July 29 at 2:05 p.m. vs. Rome: Join us for Barn at the Park and bring your friendly, barnyard animal that is not afraid of large crowds! The various animals must be leashed and not afraid of loud noises. Take care of your dirty dogs beginning at 8 a.m. at Whitaker Bank Ballpark while taking part of a Guinness World Record! Courtesy of HydroDog and Nash Academy, fans can help set the record for most dogs washed in a day when they wash their K9 for a $10 donation to Lexington Humane Society. Fans will also receive a free ticket to that afternoon's ballgame! The gates will then open for fans at 12:30 p.m. for Playtime On the Outfield with Legends players until 1p.m. Fans are encouraged to bring your glove and ball! All kids 12 and under will receive a free ticket to the game, courtesy of JiF. The schoolyear is fast approaching so come celebrate the Countdown to Kindergarten! Incoming kindergarteners will get in for free by wearing their school t-shirt and adults with them will receive a $5 box seat. Celebrate the waning days of summer with the Kids Club during the postgame ice cream social with Legends players! Kiddos can satisfy their sweet tooth after the game in the Stables down the first base side of Whitaker Bank Ballpark.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 26, 2018
- Yajure's Five Shutout Innings Fuel RiverDogs in Series Winner - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns Sweep 'Birds After Long Layoff - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Two RBIs from Ramos Not Enough - Augusta GreenJackets
- Crawdads Take Down Drive, 5-2 - Greenville Drive
- Matias Powers Legends into First Place - Lexington Legends
- Rheams and Winaker Each Produce Three Hits on Thursday - Columbia Fireflies
- Hoppers Avoid Sweep, BlueClaws Fall 6-2 on Thursday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Swept Again Despite Stratton Going the Distance - West Virginia Power
- Reliever Kyle Zurak Promoted to Advanced-A Tampa - Charleston RiverDogs
- Three Game Homestand Starts Tomorrow=21 - West Virginia Power
- Preview: Looking to Avoid a Sweep - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 26 at Rome (Game 100) - Columbia Fireflies
- Riley Park Club to Host Third Installment of Lowcountry Sports Forum - Charleston RiverDogs
- 7eventh Time Down to Perform During Upcoming Legends Homestand - Lexington Legends
- West Virginia Power: Promotional Notes (July 27-29) - West Virginia Power
- WEST VIRGINIA POWER: Game Notes (July 26) - West Virginia Power
- Promo Preview: Dollar Dog Tuesday and More - Hickory Crawdads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Legends Release 2019 Promotional Schedule
- National Anthem and God Bless America Auditions Scheduled for February
- Former Legends Player Named 2019 Manager
- Kentucky Coal Association Signs on as $.25 Hot Dog Sponsor
- Three Legends Players Named Royals Pitcher and Players of the Year