Two RBIs from Ramos Not Enough
Charleston, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of San Francisco Giants, lost 4-2 to the Charleston RiverDogs on Thursday night.
The RiverDogs took an early 2-0 lead with a two-out rally in the bottom of the third inning. This would remain the score until the GreenJackets would finally get on the board in the sixth inning.
With Logan Baldwin on third base, Heliot Ramos would knock in Baldwin with a groundout to third. This would bring the score to 2-1, until the RiverDogs struck for two more runs. They scored one in the bottom of the sixth inning, then added another in the bottom of the seventh inning. This brought the score to 4-1 RiverDogs.
In the eighth inning, with Malique Ziegler on a third base, Ramos would come through again. His groundout to second base would drive in another run to make the score 4-2 RiverDogs. The GreenJackets comeback would end there, as they dropped the finale 4-2.
The GreenJackets (13-21) will be back in action tomorrow in Augusta to start a series with the Columbia Fireflies. First pitch tomorrow at SRP Park will be at 7:05 pm.
After the eight game road trip, the GreenJackets will be back at SRP Park for seven game homestand! Promotions include Boy Scout night, Military Appreciation Night, and National Wing Day Festival! Get your tickets now!
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 26, 2018
- Yajure's Five Shutout Innings Fuel RiverDogs in Series Winner - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns Sweep 'Birds After Long Layoff - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Two RBIs from Ramos Not Enough - Augusta GreenJackets
- Crawdads Take Down Drive, 5-2 - Greenville Drive
- Matias Powers Legends into First Place - Lexington Legends
- Rheams and Winaker Each Produce Three Hits on Thursday - Columbia Fireflies
- Hoppers Avoid Sweep, BlueClaws Fall 6-2 on Thursday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Swept Again Despite Stratton Going the Distance - West Virginia Power
- Reliever Kyle Zurak Promoted to Advanced-A Tampa - Charleston RiverDogs
- Three Game Homestand Starts Tomorrow=21 - West Virginia Power
- Preview: Looking to Avoid a Sweep - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 26 at Rome (Game 100) - Columbia Fireflies
- Riley Park Club to Host Third Installment of Lowcountry Sports Forum - Charleston RiverDogs
- 7eventh Time Down to Perform During Upcoming Legends Homestand - Lexington Legends
- West Virginia Power: Promotional Notes (July 27-29) - West Virginia Power
- WEST VIRGINIA POWER: Game Notes (July 26) - West Virginia Power
- Promo Preview: Dollar Dog Tuesday and More - Hickory Crawdads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.