Riley Park Club to Host Third Installment of Lowcountry Sports Forum
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Riley Park Club will host its third installment of the Lowcountry Sports Forum with guest speaker Todd Halloran, the new owner of the South Carolina Stingrays, on Wednesday, August 15 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The event will serve as an open forum where guests can ask questions and learn more about Todd and his plan for the Stingrays. Tickets for the event cost $40 and lunch will be included.
The third installment of the forum will focus on Halloran's first few months as a sports owner, what he sees changing for his organization and discussing his thoughts about what makes an organization successful.
"The South Carolina Stingrays represent more than a hockey team," Halloran said in a statement released by the team earlier this year. "The franchise is a unique, long-standing community asset that offers affordable, family entertainment for Lowcountry residents and visitors, and helps contribute to the economic vitality of the Charleston region. I am very excited to be part of the team's future."
"We are pleased to welcome Todd Halloran to the Lowcountry's local sports scene and are excited to hear about his plans for the Stingrays," said RiverDogs President and General Manager Dave Echols. "The Lowcountry Sports Forum is a unique networking event that will provide a great opportunity for local sports fans to engage with the organization's new owner in the Riley Park Club."
Tickets to the event can be purchased at www.rileyparkevents.com, the RiverDogs box office or by calling 843-723-7241.
Past sports forums at the ballpark have featured ESPN broadcaster Debbie Antonelli, RiverDogs President Emeritus Mike Veeck and general managers and presidents of Charleston's local minor league teams.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 26, 2018
- Yajure's Five Shutout Innings Fuel RiverDogs in Series Winner - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns Sweep 'Birds After Long Layoff - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Two RBIs from Ramos Not Enough - Augusta GreenJackets
- Crawdads Take Down Drive, 5-2 - Greenville Drive
- Matias Powers Legends into First Place - Lexington Legends
- Rheams and Winaker Each Produce Three Hits on Thursday - Columbia Fireflies
- Hoppers Avoid Sweep, BlueClaws Fall 6-2 on Thursday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Swept Again Despite Stratton Going the Distance - West Virginia Power
- Reliever Kyle Zurak Promoted to Advanced-A Tampa - Charleston RiverDogs
- Three Game Homestand Starts Tomorrow=21 - West Virginia Power
- Preview: Looking to Avoid a Sweep - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 26 at Rome (Game 100) - Columbia Fireflies
- Riley Park Club to Host Third Installment of Lowcountry Sports Forum - Charleston RiverDogs
- 7eventh Time Down to Perform During Upcoming Legends Homestand - Lexington Legends
- West Virginia Power: Promotional Notes (July 27-29) - West Virginia Power
- WEST VIRGINIA POWER: Game Notes (July 26) - West Virginia Power
- Promo Preview: Dollar Dog Tuesday and More - Hickory Crawdads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- Sanchez Goes Hitless as Dogs Drop Homestand Opener
- Release the Kraken, Gary Sanchez to Make First Rehab Appearance with the RiverDogs on Monday
- Lockridge Bails out RiverDogs for Series Finale Win
- Luis Gil Dominates over Five Innings, Dogs Cough up Ninth Inning Lead in Eventual Extras Loss
- RiverDogs Encourage Fans to Slow Down, Bring Dogs, and Kick Back for a Week at the Joe