4 1/2 Taphouse Set to Debut at Nymeo Field Saturday
FREDERICK, MD-The Frederick Keys are excited to announce the opening of the 4 1/2 Taphouse at Nymeo Field. Scheduled to start serving the public on Saturday, May 11 along the third base concourse, this one-of-a-kind craft beer stand showcase 24 taps from established as well as up-and-coming craft breweries in Frederick County. Gates open on Saturday night at 5:00 p.m. and first pitch is at 6:00 p.m.
"The 4 1/2 Taphouse has been one of my favorite projects to work on since becoming the General Manager of the Frederick Keys," said Dave Ziedelis. "Frederick's craft beer scene has exploded and the 4 1/2 Taphouse will feature not only some of the area's big hitters such as Flying Dog Brewery and Brewer's Alley but a myriad of other great craft breweries who are newer to the area. This is a huge win for the Frederick craft beer industry and Keys fans."
A stand with a baseball-themed name, the 4 1/2 Taphouse is named after the number of innings required for a regulation baseball game. The Taphouse will provide fans with a diverse selection of beverage options that is rarely found at minor league ballparks.
Beers at the 4 1/2 Taphouse will be rotated in and out throughout the baseball season. Selections will be diverse and include lagers, IPAs, stouts, porters, ciders and more. Craft breweries that will have a presence include Flying Dog, Brewer's Alley, Monacacy Brewing Company, Attaboy, Olde Mother, Rockwell, Midnight Run, Idiom, Steinhardt, Smoketown, Red Shedman and Milkhouse.
Friday's "starting lineup" for the 4 1/2 Taphouse is as follows:
Flying Dog-Underdog, Thunderpeel
Brewer's Alley-Kolsch, Oatmeal Stout
Monocacy Brewing Company-Riot Rye, Brewtus
Olde Mother-The Slugger, Superb Owl
Rockwell-Ratcher's, Jam Session
Midnight Run-Half Time, Tempo
Idiom-In a Nutshell, Rose colored Glasses
Steinhardt-Orange Punch, Framboise
Smoketown-The Patsy, Berlin
Red Shedman-Raspberry Cider, Temper Tantrum
All selections can be viewed on flat screens located inside the 4 1/2 Taphouse, while menus can be viewed and will be updated through the Untappd App. The Keys will be a certified venue, while fans are encouraged to download this free app to check into their location and view the most up-to-date menus at the 4 1/2 Taphouse.
The Frederick Keys begin a six-game homestand with the Fayetteville Woodpeckers on Friday night at Nymeo Field. Highlights include Maryland Pride Night, Woodstock Night with a Woodstock Jersey Auction and Halfway to Halloween with a postgame candy drop. Fireworks shows are also scheduled for Friday and Saturday night games. For tickets and a first look at the 4 1/2 Taphouse fans can call 301-815-9939 or visit frederickkeys.com.
The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. Following the 2018 season, the Keys were named the winner of the Carolina League's Complete Franchise Award. This goes to a team in the league which demonstrates franchise stability and significant contributions to its community and the league. In 2019, the team will host the Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Geoff Arnold by phone at (301)-815-9915 or by emailing at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from May 10, 2019
- Zavolas Zips Through Eight Complete While Leading Carolina to 5-1 Series Opening Victory - Carolina Mudcats
- Johnston's Career Night Shuts Down Blue Rocks in Wilmington - Potomac Nationals
- Wood Ducks Claim Series Opener over Dash on Friday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Wilmington Offense Struggles Again in Third Straight Setback - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Hernandez Reaches Base Four Times, Drives In Two In Rout Of Dash - Down East Wood Ducks
- Mudcats Take Series Opener Behind Eight Innings from Noah Zavolas - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Keys and Woodpeckers Rained Out - Frederick Keys
- Woodpeckers-Keys Postponed - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Late Run Leads Hillcats to Win in Pitchers Duel over Salem - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Wake County Teacher of the Year Lindsey Evans to Throw out Ceremonial First Pitch - Carolina Mudcats
- Brewers release RHP Christian Meister, reinstate RHP Chris Dula from the IL - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (May 10 vs. Down East) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Fairbanks Promoted to Double-A Frisco - Down East Wood Ducks
- May 10 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- May 10 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- 4 1/2 Taphouse Set to Debut at Nymeo Field Saturday - Frederick Keys
- RHP Blake Battenfield promoted to Double-A Birmingham - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: May 10 at Carolina - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Paredes and Javier Combine for Dominant Win - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Carolina Loses 4-2 to Fayetteville, Falling Short in Sweep Attempt - Carolina Mudcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.