Keys and Woodpeckers Rained Out
FREDERICK, MD. - Due to rain in the area, the Frederick Keys and the Fayetteville Woodpeckers were postponed on Friday night at Nymeo Field. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Saturday afternoon beginning at 4:00 p.m. Both contests will be seven innings in length and gates open at 3:00 p.m.
Fans with tickets to Friday night's game can exchange their tickets at the box office for any regular season game in 2019 based on availability. All ticket exchanges must be made at the box office. Those who have tickets for Saturday will receive admission to both games.
The Keys will celebrate Woodstock Night and the team will wear Woodstock-themed jerseys in game two. Bidding on these jerseys will begin during game one of the doubleheader and run until the bottom of the fifth of game two. Fans can bid on these jerseys through the LiveSource app with proceeds benefiting Sophie and Madigan's playground. Fireworks follow the game.
Additionally, the Keys are excited to debut the 4 1/2 Taphouse located on the third base concourse. This craft beer stand will showcase 24 taps from established and up-and-coming craft breweries in Frederick County. Menus can be viewed and fans can check in using the Untappd App.
In game one, right-hander Blaine Knight (0-0, --) makes his Carolina League debut for the Keys against Woodpeckers left-hander Parker Mushinski (0-0, 2.55). In game two, right-hander David Lebron (1-0, 2.95) starts for Frederick against Fayetteville right-hander J.P. France (0-3, 5.01). Both games can be heard on frederickkeys.com and the TuneIn app with pregame coverage starting at 3:45 p.m.
To purchase tickets to Saturday's game or for any Keys game, fans can call 301-815-9939 or visit frederickkeys.com.
The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. Following the 2018 season, the Keys were named the winner of the Carolina League's Complete Franchise Award. This goes to a team in the league which demonstrates franchise stability and significant contributions to its community and the league. In 2019, the team will host the Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Geoff Arnold by phone at (301)-815-9915 or by emailing at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from May 10, 2019
- Zavolas Zips Through Eight Complete While Leading Carolina to 5-1 Series Opening Victory - Carolina Mudcats
- Johnston's Career Night Shuts Down Blue Rocks in Wilmington - Potomac Nationals
- Wood Ducks Claim Series Opener over Dash on Friday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Wilmington Offense Struggles Again in Third Straight Setback - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Hernandez Reaches Base Four Times, Drives In Two In Rout Of Dash - Down East Wood Ducks
- Mudcats Take Series Opener Behind Eight Innings from Noah Zavolas - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Keys and Woodpeckers Rained Out - Frederick Keys
- Woodpeckers-Keys Postponed - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Late Run Leads Hillcats to Win in Pitchers Duel over Salem - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Wake County Teacher of the Year Lindsey Evans to Throw out Ceremonial First Pitch - Carolina Mudcats
- Brewers release RHP Christian Meister, reinstate RHP Chris Dula from the IL - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (May 10 vs. Down East) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Fairbanks Promoted to Double-A Frisco - Down East Wood Ducks
- May 10 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- May 10 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- 4 1/2 Taphouse Set to Debut at Nymeo Field Saturday - Frederick Keys
- RHP Blake Battenfield promoted to Double-A Birmingham - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: May 10 at Carolina - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Paredes and Javier Combine for Dominant Win - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Carolina Loses 4-2 to Fayetteville, Falling Short in Sweep Attempt - Carolina Mudcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.