11-1, Ain't That Fun?
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - The Kansas City T-Bones (56-32) dodged rain drops Thursday evening and defeated the Winnipeg Goldeyes (36-54) with a double-digit margin of victory. The T-Bones bats were hot, as was starting pitching from LHP Adam Bleday, who had a quality start, working six innings, giving up no runs, striking out four and allowing only three hits.
The assault on the Canadians started early. In the T-Bones half of the first, Ryan Brett led off with a single up the middle and later stole second. Colin Walsh followed with a single to left and advanced to second on the throw, which put runners in scoring position. With two outs, Noah Perio Jr. lined a double to right field, scoring Brett and Walsh to put the T-Bones up 2-0.
In the bottom of the fourth, Anthony Phillips singled to left, Ryan Brett lined a screaming shot to left that bounced off the wall for a double, then Mason Davis walked to load the bases. Todd Cunningham followed with a well-hit ball deep to left that bounced off the wall and cleared the bases, scoring Brett, Davis and Phillips, and boosting KC's lead to 5-0.
Next inning, more runs thanks to back-to-back RBIs deep in the order. Noah Perio Jr. reached base with a lead-off single, then Alay Lago hit a screaming one-hopper down the first base line for a double that brought home Perio Jr. and made it 6-0 KC. Anthony Phillips followed up with a single that scored Lago and made it 7-0 T-Bones.
In the bottom of the sixth, Mason Davis led off with a double to left field, Todd Cunningham walked, and Noah Perio Jr. walked to load the bases. With only one out, Adrian Nieto lined up the middle to score Davis from third and make it 8-0 KC. With a T-Bone still on every bag, Keith Curcio hit a bases-clearing double to right field making it 11-0 Kansas City.
The T-Bones were close to a shut-out that would have tied their largest margin of victory this season, but an error by shortstop Anthony Phillips allowed Winnipeg to score a run.
Reliever Pasquale Mazzaccoli retired the next two batters to end the game and KC won it 11-1. Adam Bleday (2-1) racked up the win and Mitchell Lambson (8-5) got the loss.
Kansas City will meet Winnipeg again Friday for the second in a three-game series and the second game of a nine-game homestand. Friday night is Sandlot Night, with a special appearance by Squints. Saturday night will feature post-game fireworks and Sunday is Bark at the Park! It's an entire weekend of Fun Well Done!
Season, group tickets, mini-plans and nightly party suites are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office at T-Bones Stadium. Call the Box Office at (913) 328-5618 or purchase and print at www.tbonesbaseball.com. Box office hours are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday. For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at (817) 739-3693. Stay tuned to www.tbonesbaseball.com. and the T-Bones Facebook and Twitter pages for updates throughout the season.
Images from this story
Kansas City T-Bones at bats vs. the Winnipeg Goldeyes
(Marie Nabors / Kansas City T-Bones)
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 23, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Starting to Get Magical as Pitching Dominates in Fourth Straight Win for Saints, 3-1 over Dogs - St. Paul Saints
- 11-1, Ain't That Fun? - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Offense Struggles in Opener vs. Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Double Or Nothing: 'Cats Record Second Doubleheader Sweep of Week - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Kane Helps Wichita Sneak Past AirHogs - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Downed by T-Bones - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders One-Hit by Robichaux - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats Sign RHP Sanderlin to First Pro Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Squints from Sandlot Will Appear at T-Bones Stadium - Kansas City T-Bones
- Sioux City Takes Series Finale from RedHawks - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Take Series vs. Cleburne with Dramatic Finale Win - Texas AirHogs
- Garrett Homers Again, But Birds Drop Finale to Saints - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.