Game Preview: Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - February 9February 9, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Orlando Solar Bears
Florida Everblades (Tampa Bay and Carolina) (23-16-4-5, 55pts)
Where: Germain Arena - Estero, FL
When: 7:00 p.m.
Listen Live: iHeartSolarBears.com, 740thegame.com, iheart.com/live/601/ - Pregame starts at 6:45 p.m.
Watch Live: America One
Follow: Game Updates on Twitter at @OSBHockeyGU
Social Media: Follow on Facebook and Twitter
After playing the first two games of the three game set at the Amway Center in Orlando, the Solar Bears and Everblades head down to Estero to close out the series. Florida collected a 3-1 victory over Orlando on Thursday, but the Solar Bears regrouped for a comeback win last night. Florida put together a 3-0 lead in the early stages of the second period, but before the end of the frame F Ryan Ginand and D James Sanford had struck for the Solar Bears to bring the score to 3-2 heading into the third period. A 5-on-3 goal by F Michael Neal 6:34 into the final frame forced overtime and an eventual shootout, where the Solar Bears scored twice and held Florida off the board for a 4-3 shootout victory.
Solar Bears Notes:
The Solar Bears fired 40 shots on goal yesterday, their highest total since taking 44 shots on goal against Fort Wayne on December 7... Yesterday's crowd of 7,242 fans was the seventh time this season the Solar Bears have welcomed over 7,000 fans to the Amway Center. Orlando is 7-0-0-0 when over 7,000 fans are in attendance... The Solar Bears play their lone road game of the month tonight... Yesterday's win improved the Solar Bears record to 3-0-0-1 at home on Friday nights... Orlando is 3-2-1-0 on the road against the Everblades this season... G Mike Brodeur, D Sean Lorenz, D Jesse Dudas and D Josh Caron remain on the 21-day IR... G John Curry remains on reserve and is not expected to dress tonight... F Scott Tanski has not dressed since January 30 and is not expected to be in the lineup tonight.
LW Mathieu Roy has recorded back-to-back two point games, and is now tied for fifth in the ECHL with 50 points... The Everblades have converted on 25.3 percent of their power plays on home ice (23-for-91), good enough for second in the league... D Olivier Dame-Malka is tied for third among defensemen with 32 minor penalties. He is tied for second with five power play goals and is second with 120 shots on goal... Florida is 4th on the power play at 22.4 percent (47-for-210) and 16th on the penalty kill at 80.5 percent (149-for-185)... LW Mathieu Roy leads the Everblades in assists (33), and points (50), and is tied with F Andrew Pistilli with 17 goals.
Faith and Family Weekend/Three Live Bands/Food Drives for
Christian Service Center
Guns and Hoses Charity Hockey Game to Benefit JDRF
Post-Game Skate and Autograph Session for Season Ticket Holders
First Responders Week
Turn Back the Clock/American Heart Association Night
Star Wars Night
BE GREAT! Classic for Kids to benefit Boys and Girls Clubs
of Central Florida/ Scout Night
St. Patrick's Day Special Jersey
Fan Appreciation Game
For more information call the Solar Bears Executive Offices at 407-951-8200.
The Solar Bears head to the road to cap off a three game set against the Florida Everblades tomorrow. Orlando returns home for three games against the South Carolina Stingrays on Friday, February 15, at 7:00 p.m., Saturday, February 16, at 7:00 p.m., and Sunday, February 17, at 3:00 p.m. Good seats still available, visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears, the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild and AHL's Houston Aeros, play all of their home games at the 2012 Street and Smith's Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year, the Amway Center.
Individual tickets for all regular season home games are on sale beginning as low as $15. To purchase your tickets, please visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com or the Amway Center Box Office.
ECHL Stories from February 9, 2013
- Third-Period Lull Costs Idaho in Utah - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Dominate Komets, 6-1, to Take Series - Colorado Eagles
- Wranglers Outlast Reign in 4-3 OT Victory - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Titans Lose in OT to Kalamazoo, 2-1 - Trenton Titans
- Six-Goal First Period Propel 'Blades to 7-3 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings' Winning Streak Grows to Four - Kalamazoo Wings
- Road Warriors' Record Crowd Watches Shootout Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gladiators Knock off IceMen 6-5 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Slow Start Dooms Orlando in 7-3 Loss to Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Snap Slide with Exhilarating 4-3 Shootout Win over Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jakaitis; Stingrays Blank Walleye 3-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- SF Bulls to Wear Sharks-Themed Jerseys Tonight against Bakersfield - San Francisco Bulls
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Las Vegas Wranglers - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - February 9 - ECHL
- Titans GameDay vs. Kalamazoo, February 9, 2013 - Game 49 (Home 26) - Trenton Titans
- Ryan Ginand Heads Back to Houston - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Assigned Connor Knapp, Announce Other Moves - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - February 9 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Walk the Red Carpet Tonight vs. Toledo - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 9 - ECHL
- Alaska Beats Stockton 3-1 in Weekend Opener - Alaska Aces
- Boisclair continues scoring streak, Alaska skates away in third period - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Claw Back from Three-Goal Deficit to Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Reign - San Francisco Bulls
- Reign Clinch Playoff Berth with 4-3 Shootout Win - Ontario Reign
- Condors Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Wranglers - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Tally Sixth Win in a Row, Beat Bakersfield 4-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Idaho Outlasts Utah in Overtime - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho Takes Wild Game in OT; Grizzlies End Trip 3-2-1-1 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.