Goldeyes Take Series from RailCats in 7-2 WinAugust 22, 2012 - American Association (AA) Gary SouthShore Railcats
Former RailCat Mike Coles led off the game with a single to left and came around to score on a single by Yurendell de Caster to give the Goldeyes a 1-0 lead. Winnipeg came back for more against RailCats starter Alberto Rolon in the fourth. Luis Alen led off with a home run to left. With two on and two out, Price Kendall hit an RBI single to left, with a second run coming home on a fielding error by left fielder Eric Suttle. de Caster and Barbaro Canizares followed with back-to-back run-scoring singles to make it a 6-0 advantage.
The 'Cats got on the board in the bottom of the fourth on Eric Suttle's RBI single. Winnipeg got the run back in the fifth, as Alen scored on a double play to make it 7-1. Gary struck back in the eighth, adding a run on Mike Rohde's groundout to get to within 7-2.
Rohde finished 1-4 on the night. His single in the fourth inning puts him third all-time in RailCats franchise history with 467 hits, passing Steve Haake.
Rolon (3-5) allowed seven runs, six earned, on nine hits in five frames. He walked five and struck out three. Marshall Schuler shined in relief, throwing two perfect innings and striking out four. On the other side, Chris Salamida (5-6) kept the RailCats bats quiet, allowing one run in seven innings. Salamida tied a season-high with seven strikeouts.
The series finale is a matinee matchup at 12:10 PM on Thursday. Morgan Coombs (5-7, 5.16) will go for the RailCats.
American Association Stories from August 22, 2012
- Saints Offense Rocks Boulders 9-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Take Series from RailCats in 7-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Battle Back to Beat RedHawks - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Big Fourth Helps Goldeyes Down RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Unveil End of the Season Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- Laredo Lemurs in the Playoff Hunt - Laredo Lemurs
- Diablos Comeback on Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Author Becky Moen to Appear at Pheasants Game this Saturday - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos Rally From Five Runs Down To Beat Wichita, Even Series - El Paso Diablos
- Pheasants Falter in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sheldon Superb as 'Dogs Handle Sioux Falls - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Jones Moved to Laredo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Pulsipher Leaves Team for Personal Reasons - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo Sox
- American Association Results - AA
- Lemurs Grind Out Win - Laredo Lemurs
- Lowey Ties League Record in Slugfest - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Drop Slugfest To Wichita To Snap Three Game Win Streak - El Paso Diablos
- Explorers win 3-2 over Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.