RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - After getting only one hit the previous night, the Grand Prairie AirHogs began Tuesday's game with no hits in the first three innings, before Brian Myrow got the AirHogs' first hit in the fourth. But by then they were down 2-0, and never were able to get back even, as the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks won their first ever game at QuikTrip Park by a score of 6-4.
The RedHawks (59-29) got their lead thanks to a two-out rally in the third, with a single by Nic Jackson and a two-run home run by Eric Campbell off Nick DeBarr (12-7). After stranding Myrow in the third, the AirHogs (46-43) got a run back on a hit by Yasutsugu Nishimoto in the fourth, but Jonny Kaplan bounced into a 6-4-3 double play with runners at the corners to prevent Grand Prairie from getting the tying run.
DeBarr had perfect innings in the fourth and fifth, but ran into trouble in the sixth, before a two-run broken-bat single by Marcos Rodriguez put Fargo-Moorhead up 4-1.
Alex Caldera (10-2) allowed a solo home run to Trent Lockwood in the seventh, and Kevin Fuqua, Joe Harris and Tom Boleska combined to allow the AirHogs two runs on four hits in the final 2 1/3 innings, but Grand Prairie's bullpen could not hold the RedHawks down, and Carlo Cota hit his third home run of the season with two outs in the eighth to give Fargo-Moorhead enough insurance.
Notes: Boleska picked up his league-leading 27th save...The AirHogs' nine hits were picked up by nine different hitters.Three RedHawks had multi-hit games.A night after drawing nine walks, the AirHogs only drew one.Fargo-Moorhead is now 5-0 against Grand Prairie this year.This is the second time this season the AirHogs have lost four straight home games.
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs continue their three-game series against the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks, on Wednesday, August 22, at 7:05 p.m. All games are aired live and for free on Ustream by clicking on the link on the AirHogs' home page or visiting http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airhogs-baseball with selected contests aired on Time Warner Cable's Texas Channel. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site at www.airhogsbaseball.com, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 22, 2012
- Saints Offense Rocks Boulders 9-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Take Series from RailCats in 7-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Battle Back to Beat RedHawks - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Big Fourth Helps Goldeyes Down RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Lemurs Unveil End of the Season Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- Laredo Lemurs in the Playoff Hunt - Laredo Lemurs
- Diablos Comeback on Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Author Becky Moen to Appear at Pheasants Game this Saturday - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos Rally From Five Runs Down To Beat Wichita, Even Series - El Paso Diablos
- Pheasants Falter in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sheldon Superb as 'Dogs Handle Sioux Falls - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Jones Moved to Laredo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Pulsipher Leaves Team for Personal Reasons - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Amarillo Sox to be featured on "Great Food Truck Race" - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- American Association Results - AA
- Lemurs Grind Out Win - Laredo Lemurs
- Lowey Ties League Record in Slugfest - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Drop Slugfest To Wichita To Snap Three Game Win Streak - El Paso Diablos
- Explorers win 3-2 over Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs