Enourato Hurls Grizzlies to Series Win against Wild ThingsAugust 15, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Gateway Grizzlies
Enourato (4-4) was looking to hurl the third no-hitter in Grizzlies, but a Darian Sandford single with one out in the seventh broke up the no-hit bid for the right-hander from Morgantown, W.V. Enourato went seven innings, allowing two hits and one run.
The series win was the Grizzlies first since August 3-5 against River City.
Landon Hernandez broke a scoreless tie in the sixth inning with a two-run home run, which was his 12th of the season.
After Washington (33-46) got on the board on an AJ Nunziato sacrifice fly in the top of the seventh, Gateway (47-33) added two more runs in the bottom half of the seventh. John Shelby led off with a double, Jonathan Johnson singled, Rogelio Noris brought home Shelby on an RBI groundout and Jon Myers drove in Johnson on an RBI double.
Johnson led the Grizzlies with three hits while Myers and Hernandez had two.
Gateway stayed a half game back of the Windy City ThunderBolts in the Frontier League West Division, due to the ThunderBolts win at Schaumburg Wednesday night.
The Grizzlies look to sweep the Wild Things Thursday night at GCS Ballpark. Right-hander Paul Tremlin (5-3) makes the start for Gateway. First pitch is set for 7:05.
Playoff tickets are now on sale through the Grizzlies Ticket Office. To get tickets, call 618.337.3000 or go online to gatewaygrizzlies.com.
Frontier League Stories from August 15, 2012
- ThunderBolts Even Series Setting up Rubber Match Thursday - Schaumburg Boomers
- RiverHawks Strand 11 in 5-2 Loss - Rockford RiverHawks
- ThunderBolts Double up Boomers 10-5 - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Take Series from Road Warriors - River City Rascals
- Enourato Hurls Grizzlies to Series Win against Wild Things - Gateway Grizzlies
- Hall's Perfection Continues in Win - Southern Illinois Miners
- Southern Illinois Wins 6-0 at Home over Otters - Evansville Otters
- Crushers fall, 3-2 to Normal - Lake Erie Crushers
- Beach Bums Slam Joliet for Second Straight Night - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Slammers Lose First Series in Two Weeks - Joliet Slammers
- CornBelters Edge Crushers in Ninth - Normal CornBelters
- August 15 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Hillbilly State of Mind Tailgate Party - Washington Wild Things
- RiverHawks Soar Back to Claim Victory over Freedom - Florence Freedom
- Schaumburg Boomers Walk off with Game One Win over Windy City - Schaumburg Boomers
- ThunderBolts lose 4-3 - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Almost Blow Nine-Run Lead; Hang on for 12-10 Win - River City Rascals
- Van Horn's Single Gives RiverHawks Comeback Win - Rockford RiverHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.