Senators Score Two Late in 4-3 Win over RichmondAugust 3, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Harrisburg Senators
Richmond took a 1-0 lead against Sens starter Trevor Holder in the first inning. Holder settled down and went six innings, allowing five hits and just one earned run and didn't walk a batter. It was his third strong outing in a row.
The Senators came back to tie the game in the fourth on a two-out rbi single off the bat of Jonny Tucker. Harrisburg took the lead in the fifth when Brian Goodwin scored on an rbi ground out by Jimmy VanOstrand.
Richmond scored an unearned run off Holder in the sixth when Gary Brown reached on an error then scored on a two-out double by Mark Minicozzi. The Senators, though, would rally in the seventh inning.
Brian Goodwin doubled to start the inning and then moved to third on a sacrifice bunt. VanOstrand then drove in Goodwin with a single giving the Senators a 3-2 lead. Seth Bynum followed with a double down the left field line scoring VanOstrand all the way from first to make it 4-2 Senators.
Brian Broderick came to pitch a scoreless seventh and eighth innings, then in the ninth Juan Perez tripled with one out. After an rbi ground out cut the lead to 4-3, Broderick walked Johnny Monell with two-outs and that was all for Broderick. Erik Davis came on and struck out Ehire Adrianza to end the game. Broderick is 1-0 for the Sens and Davis picked up his fifth save.
Goodwin had two hits in the game one night after a three-hit hit game in Binghamton.
Game two of the three-game series is Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. with RH Ryan Perry on the hill for the Sens. The game can be heard on 1460am The Ticket, on the Internet through the Senators website and on all mobile phones with the iHeart Radio app.
Eastern League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Diaz Slam Leads Aeros to 7-4 Victory - Akron Aeros
- Ruf Lights up B-Mets for Two Hr in 4-1 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Losing Streak Hits Four with 'Cats Walk-Off Win - Altoona Curve
- Errors Doom Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Almonte, Nuno and Garcia Extend Streak to Eight - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats' Colabello Blasts Walk-Off Homer in 5-4 Win over Altoona - New Britain Rock Cats
- Clemens, Bocock Drive in 2 Runs Each on Friday Night - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Top Erie 5-1 Behind Great Pitching - Portland Sea Dogs
- Squirrels Fall Short in Harrisburg, 4-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Senators Score Two Late in 4-3 Win over Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- Dogs Drop 'Wolves in Series Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Gorski, B-Mets Burned by Homers in 4-1 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Andrew Bailey Scheduled to Rehab with Sea Dogs on Sunday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Aeros Add Two Pitchers - Akron Aeros
- Erie SeaWolves at Portland Sea Dogs - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Three Fireworks Shows Highlight Second-To-Last Curve Homestand - Altoona Curve
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Harrsiburg - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 3 vs. Erie - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Reading Phillies - Binghamton Mets
- OF Adonis Garcia Promoted to Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Fisher Cats Fall in 17 Innings - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 'Wolves Win 17 Inning Marathon - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.