Goldeyes Add Two Starting PitchersJune 27, 2012 - American Association (AA) Winnipeg Goldeyes
The Goldeyes have signed left-handed pitcher Tony Butler, acquired left-handed pitcher Todd Privett from the Laredo Lemurs for future considerations, placed left-handed pitcher Chris Zbin on the disabled list and released right-handed pitcher Brian Beuning, who will return to his job as Minnesota State Trooper in Luverne, Minn.
Butler, 24, has already suited up for the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks and Lincoln Saltdogs this season. In a combined nine games with the two teams, he is 1-2 with a 4.67 ERA. This is his first season in independent baseball after playing the last six seasons in the Seattle Mariners, Baltimore Orioles and Milwaukee Brewers organizations. He was drafted by the Mariners in the third round of the 2006 MLB amateur draft.
Privett, 26, made eight starts for the Lemurs, going 1-2 with a 4.05 ERA. A former New York Mets farmhand, Privett played in the Frontier League last season with Windy City and in the San Diego Padres system with Single-A Fort Wayne of the Midwest League. He was drafted by the Mets in the 14th round of the 2006 MLB amateur draft and played the 2006 and 2007 seasons in their organization.
Zbin has made two appearances for the Goldeyes this season - one out of the bullpen and one start. He is 0-1 with a 15.43 ERA.
Beuning made five appearances out of the bullpen for the Goldeyes during a break from his full-time job. He was 2-0 with a 0.86 ERA in 11 innings.
Butler is expected to be Winnipeg's starting pitcher tonight when the Goldeyes go for a three-game sweep of the Sioux City Explorers. Privett will be inserted into the rotation this weekend against the Wichita Wingnuts.
The Goldeyes remain with 22 players on their active roster, including 12 pitchers and 10 position players.
Fans looking to purchase season tickets, nine-game mini packs and individual game tickets for the 2012 season can call the Goldeyes office at 982-BASE (2273), visit the Shaw Park box office or click on Ticketmaster.ca.
American Association Stories from June 27, 2012
- Big Sixth Propels T-Bones Past RailCats - Kansas City T-Bones
- El Paso Comes Back to Beat Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wingnuts Stun Saints with Six-Run Ninth - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Come Back From Five-Run Hole, Win Third Straight - El Paso Diablos
- Five-Run Sixth Sinks RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Pedroza, Gaston lead RedHawks in 13-6 victory over Lincoln - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Stunned by Wingnuts, Blow Five Run Ninth Inning Lead, Lose 6-5 - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Hat Trick of Quads Lift RedHawks to Series-Clinching Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Sioux City Swept - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Sweep Sioux City with Convincing Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Trade Haines - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Another Comeback Caps Road Trip in Style - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Goldeyes Add Two Starting Pitchers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Johnny Bench Finalists on Hand at Tonight's Game - Wichita Wingnuts
- Reminder: Southern Independent Baseball to Hold In-Season Tryout - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Raise over $1,000 for Lake Superior Zoo - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Score Early often in 10-5 Victory - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.