Rock Cats Rally for 10-5 WinApril 16, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Portland Sea Dogs
The Sea Dogs were one strike away from a 5-2 victory, when Colabello hit a three run homer with two strikes and two out in the ninth inning off Aaron Kurcz to tie the game at 5 apiece.
Colabello struck again in the 11th delivering a RBI double off Kurcz (0-1) giving the Rock Cats a 6-5 lead in route to a five run 11th inning.
Former Sea Dogs pitcher Daniel Turpen (1-0) picked-up the win for New Britain tossing two perfect innings.
Portland got the scoring started in the second inning when the Sea Dogs strung together three straight singles with Jeremy Hazelbaker's RBI single scoring Daniel Butler giving the Sea Dogs a 1-0 lead.
Oscar Tejeda ripped a double in the third to score Kolbrin Vitek. With Tejeda on second, Reynaldo Rodriquez launched his first home run of the season giving the Sea Dogs a 4-0 lead.
Portland starter Chris Martin tied a career high with six innings pitched and was perfect in four of the six innings to earn his first win of the season. His only trouble came in the fifth inning when he surrendered a two run homer to Pedro Florimon.
The Sea Dogs added an insurance run in the sixth when Rodriquez scored on a Ronald Bermudez triple.
Vitek went 3-for-5 with two doubles and a run scored, he has reached base safely in all 12 games this season and has a seven game hit streak.
The series will continue Tuesday night at 6:00 PM at Hadlock Field. Right-handed pitcher Brock Huntzinger (0-2, 11.57) will get the start of the Sea Dogs. New Britain will send David Bromberg (0-0, 40.50) to the mound. Tickets are available and can be purchased by calling the Sea Dogs Ticket Office at 207-879-9500 or online at www.seadogs.com.
Eastern League Stories from April 16, 2012
- Aeros Top Baysox, 6-3, in Series Opener - Akron Aeros
- 'Wolves Drop Series Opener to Thunder - Erie SeaWolves
- No Debating Altoona's 5-2 Win Over Senators - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Rally for 10-5 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Drop Series Opener to Altoona 5-2 - Harrisburg Senators
- R-Phils Turn Back Squirrels in Opener, 5-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Tolisano Leads Fisher Cats Past B-Mets 2-1 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Trenton Slugs Three More Homers in 6-3 Win at Erie - Trenton Thunder
- Binghamton Misses Opportunities in 2-1 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Defensive Miscues Cost Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Erie SeaWolves Vs. Trenton Thunder - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Host Pie Night - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Peavey Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Binghamton Mets
- Linares Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Eastern League Names Pitcher and Player of the Week - EL
- SeaWolves, Minor League Clubs Team up Against Child Abuse - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.