Zephyrs' Luna Named to PCL All-Star TeamJuly 1, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) New Orleans Zephyrs
In his first season in the Florida Marlins organization, Luna is batting .307 with the Zephyrs, and ranks fifth in the PCL with 14 home runs and 54 RBI. He leads all Zephyrs with 71 games played and 261 at-bats.
After hitting just .206 in April, Luna batted a combined .342 in May and June, the sixth-best mark in the league over that span, with 10 homers and 42 RBI.
While playing for Albuquerque last season, Luna batted .351 in 91 games, falling 49 plate appearances shy of qualifying for the PCL batting crown. In his 12th year as a professional, Luna is a .270 career hitter in 284 Major League games with the St. Louis Cardinals, Cleveland Indians and Toronto Blue Jays, and helped the Cardinals reach the 2004 World Series.
The 2010 Triple- A All-Star Game will take place Wednesday, July 14 in Allentown, Pennsylvania at Lehigh Valley's Coca-Cola Park.
The game between the Pacific Coast League and International League All-Stars will be nationally broadcast on MLB Network at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. It can also be heard on Westwood One Radio, with the voice of the Zephyrs, Tim Grubbs, calling the game alongside Lehigh Valley's Matt Provence.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 1, 2010
- Rainiers Blast Past Portland - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sky Sox Sting Bees with Five Run Ninth, 8-7 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Tacoma's Bedard, Seddon Combine to Four-Hit Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Torra Deals Complete Game in 9-2 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
- Express Edged 5-3 by Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Slip by Express in Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Roll the Zephyrs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Take Series Opener from Zephyrs, 10-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Doubled Up by Royals, 6-3 - Iowa Cubs
- Luna an All-Star - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Beavers Return to PGE Park Sunday Night for Fourth of July Fireworks - Portland Beavers
- 51s Baseball to be Featured on Holly's World on Sunday, July 4 - Las Vegas 51s
- Express Outfielder Brian Bogusevic Named PCL All-Star - Round Rock Express
- Two River Cats Named to 2010 Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Gibbons, Lindsey, May Named to PCL All-Star Squad - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 51s Baseball to Participate in "Stars & Stripes" Caps This Weekend - Las Vegas 51s
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Beavers' Ernesto Frieri to Represent PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Portland Beavers
- First-Place Grizzlies Send Two to All-Star Game - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Diamond Named to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds SS Luis Cruz Named to PCL All-Star Team - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs' Luna Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Gordon, Ka'Aihue Named PCL All-Stars - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces' Norberto Named Pacific Coast League All-Star - Reno Aces
- Two 'Birds Named to All-Star Team - Memphis Redbirds
- Thompson and Trumbo Named 2010 PCL All-Stars - Salt Lake Bees
- Three Sky Sox Named to the 2010 PCL All-Star Team - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Erik Bedard Set to Make Rehab Start with Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Luke French Elected to Triple-A All-Star Team - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Ready to Celebrate Independence Day Weekend Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Salt Lake Bees To Honor The Late Quinn Falk - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.