Mink To Enter AHL Chat Room Tuesday AfternoonJanuary 4, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rochester Americans Press Release
Fans that have questions for Mink are encouraged to send their inquiries, in addition to their name and hometown, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The AHL will select approximately 10-15 questions from the fan pool and viewers will be able to read Mink's answers on the league's official website, theahl.com.
This season with Rochester, the two-time Calder Cup winner has skated in 32 games with the Amerks, recording 10 goals and 10 assists for 20 points to go along with 39 penalty minutes. He currently ranks fifth on the team in scoring.
Mink returns to Portland where he began his career, skating for the Pirates from 2001-05. The ninth-year pro went on to win two Calder Cups with the Hershey Bears (2006, 2009) before signing with the Florida Panthers and joining the Rochester Americans in 2009-10. Mink has totaled 193 goals and 191 assists in 533 career AHL games, and has appeared in seven NHL contests, all with the Washington Capitals.
The native of Stowe, Vt., will be making his first AHL All-Star Classic appearance and will captain the PlanetUSA AHL All-Star team. Mink becomes the second Rochester player in as many years to be named team captain for the All-Star classic, following Rory Fitzpatrick's selection last season. He is also only the fifth Amerks player in franchise history to be honored as team captain for an AHL All-Star Game.
The 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic will feature the 2010 AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Monday, January 18th (8:00 p.m. ET) and the 2010 AHL All-Star Game on Tuesday, January 19th (6:00 p.m. ET), and will be televised live nationally in the United States and Canada.
Tickets for the 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic - which include admission to both the Skills Competition and the AHL All-Star Game as well as an official commemorative All-Star Classic event program - are $49 (rows 1-12 in all sections) and $42 (rows 13-24 in all sections). To purchase tickets call (207) 775-3458, visit the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office or go on-line at portlandpirates.com.
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2010
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Flames Recall Jaffray From AHL's Abbotsford Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Kings Sign Muzzin - Manchester Monarchs
- Week Fourteen: Awesome Aulin - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Begin Season Long Eight-Game Road Trip on Wednesday in Rockford - Toronto Marlies
- Columbus Recalls Center Derek MacKenzie - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Coaches Continue to Climb Ladder to NHL - AHL
- Rats Set To Kick Off Homestand With Three Games This Week - Albany River Rats
- First-Place Bulldogs Continue Home Stand With Four Games - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Look To Right Ship This Week Against Penguins And Crunch - Norfolk Admirals
- Benson Released From Tryout - Portland Pirates
- Amerks Reading Power Play Features Five Visits This Week - Rochester Americans
- Sharks Host "Skate With The Sharks" At North Star Youth Forum In Westborough - Worcester Sharks
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Lake Erie's Hensick Named AHL Player Of The Month - Lake Erie Monsters
- Bulldogs Defenceman Yannick Weber Named To Switzerland Olympic Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Cedrick Desjardins Named Reebok/AHL Goaltender Of The Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton's Cedrick Desjardins Named Reebok/AHL Goaltender Of The Month - AHL
- Lake Erie's T.J. Hensick Named Reebok/AHL Player Of The Month - AHL
- Moose Win Three Straight In Week 14 - Manitoba Moose
- Worcester's Couture, Ferriero Named Reebok/AHL Rookies Of The Month - AHL
- Mike Moore Bobblehead Doll Giveaway On Saturday As Sharks Host High School Hockey Doubleheader - Worcester Sharks
- Hershey Takes 10 Straight Wins To Winnipeg Friday - Hershey Bears
- Adirondack Rings In New Year With Win Over Norfolk - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wolves Goaltender Mannino Named AHL Player Of The Week - Chicago Wolves
- Chicago's Peter Mannino Named Reebok/AHL Player Of The Week - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Swim Streak To Six Games - Worcester Sharks
- River Rats Release Matt Schepke From PTO - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Bring Back Sipotz - Chicago Wolves
- Ads Continue Busy Stretch with Four Games this Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Admirals Release D Ethan Graham From Tryout - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Mink To Enter AHL Chat Room Tuesday Afternoon - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.