Admirals Rw Brandon Bochenski Named An All-Star StarterDecember 30, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals Press Release
Bochenski, a 27-year-old, 6-foot-1, 187-pound right wing out of Blaine, Minnesota, leads the Admirals in goals, assists, points, power play goals, game-winning goals and shots this season while ranking among the American Hockey League leaders in each category.
The sixth-year pro has appeared in all 34 games for Norfolk this season and has registered 16 goals and 32 points. He also has six power play goals, four game-winning goals, 102 shots on goal and an even plus-minus rating. Among all AHL players, Bochenski is tied for first in goals, tied for ninth in points, tied for eighth in power play goals, tied for second in game-winning goals and tied for tenth in shots on goal.
In last night's game versus Hershey at Norfolk Scope, Bochenski scored his 76th career Admirals goal, tying him with Casey Hankinson for the most career goals in AHL Admirals history. In 138 career games as an Admiral, Bochenski has 76 goals and 75 assists for 151 points. He ranks fifth in points, seventh in assists, first in power play goals (33) and first in game-winning goals (15) in AHL Admirals history.
Bochenski also holds the record for most goals in a single AHL Admirals game (4, 11/25/06 vs. Philadelphia), co-owns the record for most assists in a single game (4, 11/18/06 vs. Binghamton) and co-owns the record for longest point streak in AHL Admirals history (14 games from 11/12/06 - 12/27/06).
In 248 career AHL games between the Admirals, Providence Bruins and Binghamton Senators, Bochenski has 133 goals and 268 points. This is the third time Bochenski has been named an AHL All-Star. He played his first AHL All-Star Classic as a rookie with Binghamton in 2005 and was named a starter for the 2007 Classic during his first stint with the Admirals but did not play due to injury.
Bochenski has appeared in 128 career NHL games between the Tampa Bay Lightning, Anaheim Ducks, Nashville Predators, Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators, scoring 24 goals and 31 assists for 55 points. Bochenski was signed by the Lightning to a two-year contract on July 8, 2008. He was originally drafted by the Ottawa Senators in the seventh round (223rd overall) in 2001.
The 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic will feature the top talent in the American Hockey League competing in the 2010 AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Monday, January 18 (8:00 p.m. ET) and the 2010 AHL All-Star Game on Tuesday, January 19 (6:00 p.m. ET), and will be televised live nationally in the United States and Canada.
Of the 492 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since 1995, more than 94 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including former Admirals Tyler Arnason, Anton Babchuk, Rene Bourque, Troy Brouwer, Dustin Byfuglien, Michael Leighton, Josef Marha, Mike Peluso, Brandon Segal and Martin St. Pierre and such NHL stars Patrice Bergeron, Dan Boyle, Zdeno Chara, Miikka Kiprusoff, Ryan Miller, Zach Parise, Martin St. Louis, Jason Spezza and Eric Staal.
Tickets for the 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic - which include admission to both the Skills Competition and the AHL All-Star Game as well as an official commemorative All-Star Classic event program - are $49 (rows 1-12 in all sections) and $42 (rows 13-24 in all sections). To purchase tickets call (207) 775-3458, visit the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office or go on-line at portlandpirates.com.
The Admirals will begin a three-game road trip tomorrow evening with a New Year's Eve tilt against the Binghamton Senators. The puck drops at 6:05 p.m. The next home action for the Admirals will be a pair of games against the Syracuse Crunch on Friday and Saturday, January 8-9.
To purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit Ticketmaster online at ticketmaster.com. Don't miss a minute of the action by purchasing your 2009-10 season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
American Hockey League Stories from December 30, 2009
- Rampage Crunch Syracuse With 3-2 Come-From-Behind Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Run Over By Rampage - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Conclude 2009 At Hartford - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Glide By Aeros 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Triumph Over Falcons 5-3 - Connecticut Whale
- Bulldogs Shut Down Amerks In 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Survive Late Rivermen Push - Peoria Rivermen
- Amerks Fall From First In Loss To 'Dogs - Rochester Americans
- Matsumoto, Phantoms Trap River Rats 4-2 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Earn First TWCC Win 4-2 - Albany River Rats
- Dallas Assigns Fabian Brunnstrom And Maxime Fortunus To Texas - Texas Stars
- Vishnevskiy Becomes Second Texas Star Selected For All-Star Game - Texas Stars
- Rampage Sign Ryan Weston To PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Labatt Celebrity Bartending Series Begins At Change Of Pace January 4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Voynov Named To AHL All-Star PlanetUSA Team - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins Ready To Ring In The New Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Receive Pair Of All-Stars - Providence Bruins
- Jon Matsumoto Selected To AHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Phantoms
- Former Phantom Oskars Bartulis Named To Latvian Olympic Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Santorelli, Sulzer Recalled By Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Ring In The New Year Friday At 6:00 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Defenseman David Phillips Loaned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack's Bobby Sanguinetti Earns AHL All-Star Classic Berth - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage's Sean Sullivan Named To 2010 AHL All-Star Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Shirokov Named To PlanetUSA Team For 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Junland And Eller Named To PlanetUSA All-Star Roster - Peoria Rivermen
- Cullen And Skille Named All-Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Sterling Selected To AHL PlanetUSA All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Khudobin, Noreau To AHL All-Star Game - Houston Aeros
- Gogulla Named To German Olympic Team - Portland Pirates
- Marlies' Forward Christian Hanson Named To PlanetUSA Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Salak Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- Dan Fritsche Named To PlanetUSA All-Stars - Syracuse Crunch
- Weber And Gerbe Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Stars - Portland Pirates
- Aucoin, Carlson And Neuvirth Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Rissmiller Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Rw Brandon Bochenski Named An All-Star Starter - Norfolk Admirals
- 2010 PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Roster Unveiled - AHL
- Blues Recall Derek Armstrong - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Chris Holt From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Front-Office Additions - AHL
- Amerks Receive De Gray On Loan; Release Schulz - Rochester Americans
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.