Cullen And Skille Named All-Stars
Rockford, Ill.- The Rockford IceHogs and American Hockey League announced on Thursday that center Mark Cullen and Right Wing Jack Skille have been named to the PlanetUSA All-Star team.
This is the first professional all-star appearance for both players. The 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic will be held Jan. 18-19, 2010 in Portland, Maine.
In his first year with Rockford and eighth year in professional hockey, Cullen, 31, leads the IceHogs in goals (12), assists (17) and points (29) having yet to miss a game for the IceHogs in 2009-10. His 29 points is tied for 15th in the AHL. He has seven multi-point games including three three-point contests this season and leads the team with 12 points on the power play, notching four power-play goals. He is also tied for the team lead with three game-winning goals.
The Moorhead, Minnesota native has appeared in 482 professional games with 450 of those coming in the AHL. The undrafted pivot has recorded 129 goals and 225 assists over six different AHL teams. He has played 32 games (7g-9a-16pts) in the National Hockey League, 29 of which came with the Chicago Blackhawks.
Skille, 22, is in his third season with the IceHogs. He has recorded 22 points (10 goals and 12 assists) in 26 games after starting the season with the Blackhawks. In his last 13 games, Skille has recorded seven multi-point games (7g-7a-14pts) and leads the team with eight multi-point contests. The winger has also appeared in five games with the Blackhawks, recording one goal and one assist.
The Madison, Wisconsin native was the #7 overall pick (round 1) by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He has recorded 50 goals and 59 assists in 151 games in the AHL, 142 of which have come with the IceHogs. He is the IceHogs AHL career leader in goals and fifth on the team's all-time list with 46. He recorded his 100th point in an IceHogs uniform on Sunday against the Chicago Wolves at the Allstate Arena.
Skille has also appeared in 29 career games with the Chicago Blackhawks over the last three seasons, recording five goals and three assists.
In their third year in the American Hockey League, the Rockford IceHogs have had five players named to the AHL All-Star Classic. Center Martin St. Pierre and Defenseman Cam Barker were named in 2008, though Barker did not play in the game due to recall to the Blackhawks. In 2009, Petri Kontiola served as Rockford's only representative to the two-day event.
Next Home Game: Thursday, Dec. 31 vs. Houston Aeros. Game time is 7:05 p.m. Celebrate the New Year as the Rockford IceHogs take on the Houston Aeros for the first time at the Rockford MetroCentre. The IceHogs will be giving away five pairs of Chicago Blackhawks suite tickets to the Blackhawks game on Sunday, Jan. 10 at the United Center. Don't forget your skates as the IceHogs will host a postgame skate on the MetroCentre's ice and fans can watch the ball drop from New York City at 11 p.m. on the big screen.
WIN BLACKHAWKS SUITE TICKETS ON NEW YEAR'S EVE
Family Four Packs are back as well on Thursday
Rockford, Ill.- Ring in the New Year with the Rockford IceHogs as they take on the Houston Aeros at the Rockford MetroCentre on New Year's Eve.
The Hogs and Aeros drop the puck at 7:05 p.m. and the team will be giving away five pairs of Chicago Blackhawks suite tickets throughout the night. Plus, Family Four Packs are back on New Year's Eve. Fans can purchase four tickets, four hot dogs, four soft drinks and four popcorns for just $44. Family Four Packs can be purchased by calling (815) 847-6399 or at the MetroCentre Box Office.
The two lucky fans who get their Chuck-A-Pucks closest to each of the Blackhawks logos on the ice during the second intermission will win a set of suite tickets, while another pair will be given away in a shootout competition during the first intermission. The suite tickets are good for the Blackhawks game at the United Center on Sunday, Jan. 10.
Chuck-A-Pucks will be available for purchase before and during the game at both regular concourse locations. Register to enter the shootout competition before the game in the upper concourse by the escalators.
Other prizes for kids will also be given away throughout the game. Prizes include game systems and iPods. Kids can register to win in the upper concourse of the MetroCentre.
Additionally, the IceHogs will also host a postgame skate open to all fans. Fans must bring their own skates and sticks or pucks will not be allowed on the ice. The New York City's Times Square ball drop will be played live on the MetroCentre's big screen at 11 p.m.
For tickets to any upcoming IceHogs game, call (815) 968-5222, visit metrocentre.com or stop by the MetroCentre Box Office or Hog Headquarters inside the CherryVale Mall.
On Saturday, the Hogs kick off 2010 when they battle the Grand Rapids Griffins at the MetroCentre starting at 7:05.
The first 2,500 fans into the building pick up an IceHogs "Go Green" t-shirt courtesy of BOB FM and WTVO. The game will mark the third meeting against Grand Rapids and first in the Forest City.
Next Home Game: Thursday, Dec. 31 vs. Houston Aeros: Game time is 7:05 p.m. Celebrate the New Year as the Rockford IceHogs take on the Houston Aeros for the first time at the Rockford MetroCentre. The IceHogs will be giving away five pairs of Chicago Blackhawks suite tickets to the Blackhawks game on Sunday, Jan. 10 at the United Center. Don't forget your skates as the IceHogs will host a postgame skate on the MetroCentre's ice and fans can watch the ball drop from New York City at 11 p.m. on the big screen.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 30, 2009
- Rampage Crunch Syracuse With 3-2 Come-From-Behind Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Run Over By Rampage - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Conclude 2009 At Hartford - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Glide By Aeros 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Triumph Over Falcons 5-3 - Connecticut Whale
- Bulldogs Shut Down Amerks In 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Survive Late Rivermen Push - Peoria Rivermen
- Amerks Fall From First In Loss To 'Dogs - Rochester Americans
- Matsumoto, Phantoms Trap River Rats 4-2 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Earn First TWCC Win 4-2 - Albany River Rats
- Dallas Assigns Fabian Brunnstrom And Maxime Fortunus To Texas - Texas Stars
- Vishnevskiy Becomes Second Texas Star Selected For All-Star Game - Texas Stars
- Rampage Sign Ryan Weston To PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Labatt Celebrity Bartending Series Begins At Change Of Pace January 4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Voynov Named To AHL All-Star PlanetUSA Team - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins Ready To Ring In The New Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Receive Pair Of All-Stars - Providence Bruins
- Jon Matsumoto Selected To AHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Phantoms
- Former Phantom Oskars Bartulis Named To Latvian Olympic Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Santorelli, Sulzer Recalled By Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Ring In The New Year Friday At 6:00 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Defenseman David Phillips Loaned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack's Bobby Sanguinetti Earns AHL All-Star Classic Berth - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage's Sean Sullivan Named To 2010 AHL All-Star Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Shirokov Named To PlanetUSA Team For 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Junland And Eller Named To PlanetUSA All-Star Roster - Peoria Rivermen
- Cullen And Skille Named All-Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Sterling Selected To AHL PlanetUSA All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Khudobin, Noreau To AHL All-Star Game - Houston Aeros
- Gogulla Named To German Olympic Team - Portland Pirates
- Marlies' Forward Christian Hanson Named To PlanetUSA Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Salak Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- Dan Fritsche Named To PlanetUSA All-Stars - Syracuse Crunch
- Weber And Gerbe Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Stars - Portland Pirates
- Aucoin, Carlson And Neuvirth Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Rissmiller Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Rw Brandon Bochenski Named An All-Star Starter - Norfolk Admirals
- 2010 PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Roster Unveiled - AHL
- Blues Recall Derek Armstrong - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Chris Holt From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Front-Office Additions - AHL
- Amerks Receive De Gray On Loan; Release Schulz - Rochester Americans
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Join the Hogs Friday for $2 Bud Lights
- IceHogs to Revive Wagon Wheel Cardinals for the 21st Annual Jersey Auction Game
- Join the IceHogs for Bar Olympics at Savoy Lounge
- Collin Delia Bobblehead Night Slated for Saturday
- Join the Great Bobblehead Exchange on Saturday