Wolves Reveal Guaranteed Dates and Opponents for 25th Season
GLENVIEW, Ill. - As the American Hockey League has set its divisional alignment for the 2018-19 season, the Chicago Wolves have divulged scheduling details for their 25th season.
The Wolves, who will be gunning to become the AHL's first team since 2014 to win back-to-back-to-back division championships, host their home opener on Saturday, Oct. 13, at Allstate Arena.
Chicago also has been guaranteed home games on Sunday, Nov. 11, Saturday, Jan. 5, Saturday, Jan. 19 and Saturday, Feb. 2. The times, dates and opponents for all 76 of the Wolves' home and road games are expected to unveiled in July when the AHL completes all 31 teams' schedules.
"This is the first glimpse of what our 25th anniversary schedule will look like," said Wolves president Mike Gordon. "We are working on silver anniversary celebration plans that will live up to our franchise's remarkable history and bright future."
The Wolves will play the majority of their games against the revamped Central Division, which increases from seven to eight teams for 2018-19. With the Colorado Eagles joining the AHL and settling into the Pacific Division, the San Antonio Rampage and Texas Stars are shifting within the Western Conference from the Pacific Division to the Central. The Cleveland Monsters, meanwhile, are moving from the Central into the Eastern Conference's North Division.
Chicago, which will be in the second year of its partnership with the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights, will continue to play 12 games against the Rockford IceHogs and the Milwaukee Admirals. The Wolves suit up eight times against each of the Central Division's other teams: Grand Rapids, Iowa, Manitoba, San Antonio and Texas.
The Wolves dip into the Pacific Division pool with four games apiece against the Colorado Eagles and the Tucson Roadrunners. They'll also engage an Eastern Conference foe for the first time since Nov. 25, 2008, when they play their first of four contests with the Cleveland Monsters.
To take advantage of the Wolves' wide variety of season-ticket packages for the 2018-19 season, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 11, 2018
- Rockford Sweeps Moose from Playoffs - Manitoba Moose
- Stars Announce Western Conference Finals Schedule - Texas Stars
- Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Announce Media Room Makeover Contest Finalists - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2018-19 Schedule Format and Six Guaranteed Dates - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Announce Opponents for the 2018-19 Season - Stockton Heat
- Wolves Reveal Guaranteed Dates and Opponents for 25th Season - Chicago Wolves
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2018-19 Schedule Format - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Announce Promotions for Saturday's Playoff Game - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks Announce Schedule Format for 2018-19 Season - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Announce Six Premier 2018-19 Home Dates - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Announce 2018-19 Regular-Season Schedule - Cleveland Monsters
- Binghamton Devils Release 2018-19 Home Schedule Format - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Reveal Opponent Slate for 2018-19 Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.