Wolves Rebound to Split Weekend Series
The Watertown Wolves came into Saturday's game looking to get back into the win column, after dropping the first game of their home series against the Danville Dashers.
The first period saw the Wolves come out aggressive. Captain Tyler Gjurich landed an earth-shattering hit, which resulted in a scrum placing the Wolves down a man. The Wolves successfully killed off the penalty. Dallas Desjarlais scored a goal of the faceoff assisted by Liam Little, and his brother Michael Desjarlais.
Danville stepped up the pressure in the second period, trying to even out the shots. After a surprising delay of game call up the Wolves down a man, Jamie Lukas ripped down the ice and blasted a puck over the glove of the Dashers' goaltender to get the first short-handed goal of his career. Kyle Powell quickly whizzed a puck over the ear of the Danville tender to give the Wolves the 3-0 lead.
A series of calls gave Danville a chance to come back in the game. The Dashers would pocket to goals. However, the Wolves worked past the constant penalty kills to have Joseph Deveny dangle the Dashers tender. Then FINALLY, Wolves Justin Coachman would score his first career goal after 3 seasons in the FPHL. The Wolves would win 5 to 2.
The Wolves are back in action with two games against the Delaware Thunder on Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2019
- Wolves Rebound to Split Weekend Series - Watertown Wolves
- Roudebush's Record-Setting Night Powers Ice Breakers Past Prowlers - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Enforcers Roll Over Thunder, 7-5 - Elmira Enforcers
- Enforcers Silence the Thunder Again - Delaware Thunder
- Thundersbirds Win Big against River Dragons - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Roudebush Gets Hot, Records 54 Saves and a Win over the Prowlers - Port Huron Prowlers
- The Mac Is Back - Carolina Thunderbirds
- River Dragons Make Big Late Push, But Come up Short vs Thunderbirds - Columbus River Dragons
- Thunderbirds Down the River Dragons, 4-3 - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Mahfouz's Two Points Propel Enforcers Over Thunder, 4-2 - Elmira Enforcers
- Thunder Fall to Enforcers - Delaware Thunder
- Dashers Snap Wolves Winning Streak - Watertown Wolves
- Second-Period Flurry Lifts Prowlers Over Ice Breakers - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Kelley Stands Tall, Hat Tricks Take 4-2 Win - Danbury Hat Tricks
- Portillo Scores Twice, Prowlers Down Ice Breakers, 4-2 - Port Huron Prowlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.