Wolves Drop Season Finale to Lakeland
ORLANDO, FL - The Iowa Wolves (2-13) the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, lost to the Lakeland Magic (9-5) by a score of 94-114 today at AdventHealth Arena.
Lakeland got off to a hot start, taking an early 18-0 lead over Iowa in the first quarter, and led by as many as 23 by the end of the quarter with a field goal percentage of 63.6%. Iowa closed the gap to 17 at the end of the quarter with a shooting percentage of 33.3%, with Lakeland still leading 37-20.
Iowa found their groove in the second frame, winning the second quarter 31-21. Lakeland took the 58-51 edge into the locker room at halftime with Karim Mane leading the Magic with 11 points. Canyon Barry led the Wolves at halftime with 12 points, while Raphiael Putney led the boards for both teams with 7 rebounds.
Both Iowa and Lakeland ended the third quarter with an identical 41.2% field-goal percentage. Lakeland maintained the edge, ending the quarter up 86-75.
Iowa couldn't catch up, chasing the Magic for the entire 48 minutes. Lakeland out-rebounded the Wolves 59-41.
Lindell Wigginton led Iowa with 19 points, while Raphiael Putney led the boards with 13. Ade Murkey added a season-high and career-high 16 points for Iowa. Charlie Brown, Jr., Zylan Cheatham and Canyon Barry all added double-digit point efforts in the loss for Iowa.
Robert Franks led Lakeland with 25 points, hitting 5-of-10 from behind the arc. Franks also led the team with 12 rebounds.
Today's game concludes the Wolves 2021 single-site season in Orlando. Tickets are on sale for the 2021-2022 Wolves season. For more information visit IAWOLVES.COM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2021
- Blue Coats Hold Stars to NBA G League Season-Low 83 Points in Third Straight Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- Vipers Clinch Playoffs in Snapping Warriors Nine-Game Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Fall to Vipers 110-94 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season - Salt Lake City Stars
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124 - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Defeat Wolves to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lakeland Magic
- Thunder Recalls Pokusevski - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Drop Season Finale to Lakeland - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Drops Close Game to Fort Wayne - Greensboro Swarm
- Mitrou-Long's Triple Double Paces Fort Wayne Past Greensboro - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail - Westchester Knicks
- Oklahoma City Drops Close Contest to Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves Release Innovative 2021-22 Season Schedule
- Iowa Wolves Complete Trade with Birmingham Squadron
- Jeff Newton Named Head Coach of Iowa Wolves
- Timberwolves Sign Nathan Knight and McKinley Wright IV to Two-Way Contracts
- Iowa Wolves Announce Guaranteed Home Dates for 2021-2022