Warriors Fall to Vipers 110-94
ORLANDO, FL - The Santa Cruz Warriors (10-4) fell to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (9-6), 110-94. The Warriors nine-game winning streak was snapped with the loss.
The Vipers used a 10-0 run mid-way through the third to gain a 14-point lead, 72-58. Santa Cruz finished the third quarter on a 17-4 run to bring the game to within one point entering the fourth quarter, 76-75. Santa Cruz was outscored, 34-19, in the final quarter to break the win streak that started on February 17.
Santa Cruz scored 28 points in the paint during the first half and were 20-for-38 (.526 FG) from the field. Despite 11 first half turnovers the Warriors and Vipers went to halftime tied, 51-51.
Warriors forward Axel Toupane and guard Jeremy Lin both tallied 20 points in the loss. Guard Dusty Hannahs added 14 points (5-10 FG, 3-6 3FG). Guard Jacob Evans III came off the bench to add 15 points and four rebounds.
The Vipers had all five starters in double figures with forward Anthony Lam leading the team with 24 points. Houston Rockets assignment guard Kevin Porter Jr. finished with 21 points, nine assists and nine rebounds. The Vipers earned a playoff spot and extended their win streak to six games.
Santa Cruz will finish the regular season against the Oklahoma City Blue on March 6 at 12:30 p.m. (PST) on NBC Sports Bay Area. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, call (831) 713-4400 or visit santacruzbasketball.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2021
- Blue Coats Hold Stars to NBA G League Season-Low 83 Points in Third Straight Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- Vipers Clinch Playoffs in Snapping Warriors Nine-Game Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Fall to Vipers 110-94 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season - Salt Lake City Stars
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124 - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Defeat Wolves to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lakeland Magic
- Thunder Recalls Pokusevski - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Drop Season Finale to Lakeland - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Drops Close Game to Fort Wayne - Greensboro Swarm
- Mitrou-Long's Triple Double Paces Fort Wayne Past Greensboro - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail - Westchester Knicks
- Oklahoma City Drops Close Contest to Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Jordan Poole Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Vaccination Site
- Axel Toupane Signs Two-Way Contract with Milwaukee Bucks
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Donate 50,280 Meals to Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County
- Warriors Season Ends with Loss to Magic, 108-96