Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season
ORLANDO - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, finished the 2021 NBA G League season with a loss to the Delaware Blue Coats 93-83 on Friday night.
Dallas Mavericks two-way player Tyler Bey led the Stars in scoring and rebounding during the season averaging 16.2 points and 9.7 boards a contest. Jazz assignee Elijah Hughes started five games averaging 14.2 points per game. NBA veteran Yogi Ferrell led the team with four assists per game while averaging 15.4 points. Romaro Gill was a defensive force for Salt Lake City down the stretch, blocking 16 shots in the Stars final five games. Trevon Scott and Trevon Bluiett were the only Stars to play in all 15 games. Scott averaged 10 points per game while Bluiett averaged 7.9 points.
The Stars and Blue Coats traded leads 10 times with five ties during a back-and-forth first half on Friday night. Malik Benlevi scored 12 off the bench in the first half to lead the way for the Stars as Delaware took a 51-47 lead into the half. Bey scored 17 of his game-high 23 points in the second half to keep the Salt Lake City close, but the Blue Coats put together a 19-4 run in the fourth quarter to put the game away. Hughes scored 12 for the Stars and all 10 dressed players contributed four or more points.
Delaware was led by Philadelphia 76ers two-way player Paul Reed's 22 points and 14 rebounds. Former Star Rayjon Tucker added 19 points and nine rebounds for the Blue Coats.
The Stars finished the 15-game single-site season at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort with a 4-11 record. The Stars had 16 different players suit up for the team during and head coach Nathan Peavy deployed 10 different starting lineups during the shortened season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2021
- Blue Coats Hold Stars to NBA G League Season-Low 83 Points in Third Straight Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- Vipers Clinch Playoffs in Snapping Warriors Nine-Game Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Fall to Vipers 110-94 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season - Salt Lake City Stars
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124 - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Defeat Wolves to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lakeland Magic
- Thunder Recalls Pokusevski - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Drop Season Finale to Lakeland - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Drops Close Game to Fort Wayne - Greensboro Swarm
- Mitrou-Long's Triple Double Paces Fort Wayne Past Greensboro - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail - Westchester Knicks
- Oklahoma City Drops Close Contest to Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Magic
- Yogi Ferrell Scores 29 in Salt Lake City Stars Victory
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite