Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail
REUNION, FL - March 4, 2021 - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, saw its playoff hopes halted in a two-point setback, 122-120, to the Agua Caliente Clippers Thursday evening at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort.
Agua Caliente (5-9) mounted its largest lead all game two minutes into the fourth quarter, 98-80. The Knicks (6-8) pieced together an 11-2 run to lower their deficit to just single figures, 100-91 (5:59). Amid the run, JJ Moore scored the first five of what would 12 straight points for the Knicks spanning three minutes. At 3:23 and at the completion of Moore's spurt, Westchester was behind just seven 107-100, before Ignas Brazdeikis completed a three-point play at the stripe to bring them within two.
Tyler Hall drained a pair of threes in waning time and a triple by Jared Harper separated the two clubs by one with 6.4 seconds to go. Two successful free-throws by the Clippers put the Knicks back down three with 4.3 ticks pictured on the clock. Brazdeikis was fouled on the floor and after converting the first free-throw try and intentionally missing the second, a putback lay-in attempt by Festus Ezeli was too strong off the back iron and Westchester's pursuit of a playoff hunt ceased.
Brazdeikis, on Assignment via New York, was the Knicks leading scorer for the fifth time this season with 22 points, the team's assist leader with eight and the team's leading rebounder with eight. Harper, a Two-Way Player, had 20 points and four assists. Affiliate player Louis King, Hall, a Returning Player, and Moore each ended with 15 points.
For the Clippers, James Palmer Jr. had 26 points and five assists. Jordan Ford put up 23 points and Amir Coffey added 22. Emanuel Terry notched a double-double comprised of 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Tomorrow, March 5, Westchester concludes its season against the Erie Bayhawks at 3:30 PM.
JJ Moore Scores 12 Straight Points for the Knicks - https://youtu.be/DNJdqIwZKSQ
Tyler Hall Hits Two Clutch Threes Late for Knicks - https://youtu.be/wf7f3HMg2To
Louis King Puts up 15 PTS for Westchester - https://youtu.be/9DCuNY73zcg
Ignas Brazdeikis Leads Knicks in Scoring, Rebounding and Assists - https://youtu.be/IThk8T9nR64
Two-Way Player Jared Harper Notches 20 PTS for Westchester - https://youtu.be/e5K_cu8mqhM
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2021
- Blue Coats Hold Stars to NBA G League Season-Low 83 Points in Third Straight Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- Vipers Clinch Playoffs in Snapping Warriors Nine-Game Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Fall to Vipers 110-94 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season - Salt Lake City Stars
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124 - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Defeat Wolves to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lakeland Magic
- Thunder Recalls Pokusevski - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Drop Season Finale to Lakeland - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Drops Close Game to Fort Wayne - Greensboro Swarm
- Mitrou-Long's Triple Double Paces Fort Wayne Past Greensboro - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail - Westchester Knicks
- Oklahoma City Drops Close Contest to Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Jared Harper Named to 2021 All-NBA G League First Team
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail
- Knicks Acquire Quinton Rose from Available Player Pool
- Knicks Make Things Interesting in Waning Time But Fall by Six