Blue Coats Hold Stars to NBA G League Season-Low 83 Points in Third Straight Win
ORLANDO - The Delaware Blue Coats (10-4), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Salt Lake City Stars (4-11), 93-83, on Friday night at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Florida. 76ers two-way contract player Paul Reed recorded his 11th double-double of the season with 22 points and a game-high 14 rebounds in 30 minutes. Reed's 11 double-doubles are the most for any G League player.
76ers two-way contract player Rayjon Tucker totaled 19 points (8-13 FG, 3-7 3FG), nine rebounds, four assists and a steal in 32 minutes. Delaware's Jordan Bone started and posted 14 points, nine rebounds, five assists and two steals in 30 minutes. Isaiah Joe, in his first game action while on assignment from the 76ers, finished with five points, four rebounds, two assists, two steals and a blocked shot for the Blue Coats.
The Blue Coats grabbed a season-high 57 rebounds to win the battle on the boards by 13. Delaware, which entered the game leading the G League in steals per game with 11.3, stole the ball 11 times in the contest. They outscored the Stars 52-24 in the paint.
Salt Lake City got a game-high 23 points (7-12 FG, 2-4 3FG, 5-5 FT) from Dallas Mavericks two-way contract player Tyler Bey. Elijah Hughes and Malik Benlevi each added 12 points for the Stars.
UP NEXT: The Blue Coats close out the regular season on Saturday at 3 p.m. ET against the Memphis Hustle (5-9). The game can be seen locally on DETV Channel 28 and heard on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM.
The NBA G League Playoffs begin Monday, March 8.
Images from this story
Delaware Blue Coats celebrate a win
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2021
- Blue Coats Hold Stars to NBA G League Season-Low 83 Points in Third Straight Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- Vipers Clinch Playoffs in Snapping Warriors Nine-Game Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Fall to Vipers 110-94 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season - Salt Lake City Stars
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124 - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Defeat Wolves to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lakeland Magic
- Thunder Recalls Pokusevski - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wolves Drop Season Finale to Lakeland - Iowa Wolves
- Greensboro Drops Close Game to Fort Wayne - Greensboro Swarm
- Mitrou-Long's Triple Double Paces Fort Wayne Past Greensboro - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail - Westchester Knicks
- Oklahoma City Drops Close Contest to Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Winning Basketball Spurs Momentum for 21-22
- Reed Collects League Awards with Historic Tally
- Paul Reed Named to All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team
- Paul Reed Named 2021 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year
- Coats Staff Key to 2021 Success