Wolves Come Alive in Second Half, Defeat Stars for First Victory of 2019-20 Season
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (1-1) defeated the Salt Lake City Stars (0-2) 122-116 Wednesday night at Wells Fargo Arena behind the play of two-way guard Jordan McLaughlin, who poured in a game-high 34 points.
McLaughlin finished 11-of-17 from the field while collecting six rebounds and dishing out a team-high six assists.
The Wolves outscored the Stars 68-55 in the second half after trailing by as many as 17 points in the game.
Keita Bates-Diop finished with his second 20-point game in as many contests, ending with 23 points on 7-of-12 shooting.
All five starters tallied double-digit point totals for Iowa, combining for 93 points on the evening.
Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Naz Reid posted his second double-double of the season, posting 14 points and hauling in 12 rebounds.
Two-way guard Justin Wright-Foreman finished with 32 points for the Stars while shooting 4-of-8 from deep. Kyle Collinsworth added 19 points off the bench for Salt Lake City
Iowa continues its five-game homestand Friday night as they take on the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario at 7:00 p.m. on Iowa Energy Night.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 13, 2019
- Wolves Come Alive in Second Half, Defeat Stars for First Victory of 2019-20 Season - Iowa Wolves
- Tough Third Dooms Drive in Canton - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Roll Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Partners with Oshkosh Corporation and Oshkosh Defense to Honor Service Members on November 15 - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars to Play Three Games at Home of Utah Jazz - Salt Lake City Stars
- Kings Recall Caleb Swanigan - Stockton Kings
- Long Island Nets to Raise 2018-19 Eastern Conference Championship Banner this Friday, November 15, at NYCB Live - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 113-97 - Austin Spurs
- Hustle Ride Fast Start to Third Straight Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Legends, CoServ to Honor First Responders - Texas Legends
- Swarm Fall in Sold out School Day Game to Knicks - Greensboro Swarm
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- White III Ties Franchise Record as Knicks Beat Swarm, 116-109 - Westchester Knicks
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel, Justin James and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- BayHawks to Recognize Military Heroes and Collect Care Package Items for Troops - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors