Long Island Nets to Raise 2018-19 Eastern Conference Championship Banner this Friday, November 15, at NYCB Live
LONG ISLAND (Nov. 13, 2019) - The Long Island Nets will raise their 2018-19 Eastern Conference Championship banner to the rafters of NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, in a pregame ceremony this Friday, Nov. 15, at 7 p.m. prior to the team's matchup against the Delaware Blue Coats. The banner raising ceremony will feature special video tributes.
The Nets ended the 2018-19 regular season with a 34-16 record, which tied for the best record in the NBA G League, and Long Island made its first appearance in the NBA G League playoffs in franchise history. In the Eastern Conference Championship game, current Brooklyn Nets guard/forward Theo Pinson scored a buzzer-beating three-point shot in overtime to send Long Island to the NBA G League Finals.
"It is an honor to lift the Eastern Conference Championship banner at Nassau Coliseum," said Alton Byrd, Vice President, Long Island Nets Business Operations. "We are humbled by the support of our fans and hope that this banner represents our commitment to excellence both on and off the floor."
The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a Kyrie Irving Brooklyn Nets jersey, courtesy of TGI Office Automation. The night will also include other special giveaways for fans and a performance by the Long Island Nets Kids Dance Team.
Arena doors open for the game at 6 p.m., and fans are encouraged to take their seats by 6:45 p.m. for the opening ceremony and banner raising.
Individual tickets for Long Island Nets games at NYCB LIVE are on sale now and can be purchased at longislandnets.com, Ticketmaster.com, nycblive.com or at the Ticketmaster Box Office at the Coliseum. Season ticket memberships, group tickets and fan experience packages are also available and can be purchased by calling 844.LINETS.1 or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fans who are unable to attend the game can watch on the NBA G League website and mobile app or listen on WRHU FM 88.7.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 13, 2019
- Wolves Come Alive in Second Half, Defeat Stars for First Victory of 2019-20 Season - Iowa Wolves
- Tough Third Dooms Drive in Canton - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Roll Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Partners with Oshkosh Corporation and Oshkosh Defense to Honor Service Members on November 15 - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars to Play Three Games at Home of Utah Jazz - Salt Lake City Stars
- Kings Recall Caleb Swanigan - Stockton Kings
- Long Island Nets to Raise 2018-19 Eastern Conference Championship Banner this Friday, November 15, at NYCB Live - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 113-97 - Austin Spurs
- Hustle Ride Fast Start to Third Straight Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Legends, CoServ to Honor First Responders - Texas Legends
- Swarm Fall in Sold out School Day Game to Knicks - Greensboro Swarm
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- White III Ties Franchise Record as Knicks Beat Swarm, 116-109 - Westchester Knicks
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel, Justin James and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- BayHawks to Recognize Military Heroes and Collect Care Package Items for Troops - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Defeat South Bay for Third Straight Victory
- Long Island Nets Acquire Justin Anderson in Trade with Raptors 905
- Long Island Nets Defeat Canton in Martin Luther King Jr. Day Matinee Game
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home
- Long Island Nets Fall to Fort Wayne in Tightly-Contested Affair