Tough Third Dooms Drive in Canton
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge (2-0) held off the Grand Rapids Drive (1-2) in Canton on Wednesday night, winning by a final score of 121-105. The Drive shot well from the field at 50% but the Charge forced 29 turnovers, creating additional possessions for the home team.
The combination of tough defense, efficient transition offense and accuracy from the field helped the Charge lead by as many as 24 points in the second half. Leading the way for the Charge were Levi Randolph (26 points and 5 assists), J.P Macura (24 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists) and Alex Robinson (11 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds).
The Drive had contributions from all over the roster to help the team stay afloat throughout the game. Leading the pack was Pistons two-way player Louis King with 19 points and 8 rebounds. Other Drive players in double figures were Jordan Bone (15 points and 12 assists), Sekou Doumbouya (12 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals), Todd Withers (11 points, 6 rebounds and 2 steals) and Craig Sword (11 points and 3 rebounds).
The Drive fought their way back early in the third quarter, cutting the lead to as little as 2 points, but the Charge's ability to shoot 54% from the field, 45% from the three, coupled with forced turnovers resulted in the Drive trailing by 21 going into the 4th.
While the Drive toughened up on defense, Pistons rookie Sekou Doumbouya was ejected with 8:15 left in the fourth quarter after a double technical.
The Drive will now return to Grand Rapids to host the team's Opening Night at DeltaPlex Arena on Friday in a match against the Greensboro Swarm. The Charge will face Windy City at home on Friday as well. Both games have a 7:00 p.m. tip-off.
Highlights:Game Highlights >>> https://bit.ly/33Nf7T7
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/34WsL6H
Louis King (19pts & 8reb) >>> https://bit.ly/350Pi2g
Jordan Bone (15pts & 12ast) >>> https://bit.ly/2NJnbyM
Sekou Doumbouya (12pts, 4reb & 2stl) >>> https://bit.ly/33NfgG9
Todd Withers (11pts, 6reb & 2stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2O5KP7y
Craig Sword (11pts, 1stl & 1blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2CJuLDf
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 13, 2019
- Wolves Come Alive in Second Half, Defeat Stars for First Victory of 2019-20 Season - Iowa Wolves
- Tough Third Dooms Drive in Canton - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Roll Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Partners with Oshkosh Corporation and Oshkosh Defense to Honor Service Members on November 15 - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars to Play Three Games at Home of Utah Jazz - Salt Lake City Stars
- Kings Recall Caleb Swanigan - Stockton Kings
- Long Island Nets to Raise 2018-19 Eastern Conference Championship Banner this Friday, November 15, at NYCB Live - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 113-97 - Austin Spurs
- Hustle Ride Fast Start to Third Straight Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Legends, CoServ to Honor First Responders - Texas Legends
- Swarm Fall in Sold out School Day Game to Knicks - Greensboro Swarm
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- White III Ties Franchise Record as Knicks Beat Swarm, 116-109 - Westchester Knicks
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel, Justin James and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- BayHawks to Recognize Military Heroes and Collect Care Package Items for Troops - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.