White III Ties Franchise Record as Knicks Beat Swarm, 116-109
GREENSBORO, NC - Andrew White III of the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, tied a franchise record for single game triples as the Knicks beat the Greensboro Swarm, 116-109, Wednesday afternoon at Greensboro Coliseum Complex. The victory marks the first for first-year head coach Derrick Alston.
Returning player, White III, erupted for a program tying nine threes on 81.8-percent shooting. In 39 minutes, he went 77.8-percent (14-of-18) from the floor, hauled seven boards and dished a pair of assists.
Affiliate player, Lamar Peters, recorded a double-double comprised of 20 points and 11 assists. Returning player JJ Moore added 20 points off the bench.
For the Swarm (1-2), Robert Franks tallied 26 points on 61.1-percent shooting. Jalen McDaniels had a double-double made up of 19 points and 11 boards. Demajeo McDaniels tied Peters' high with 11 dimes as well.
The Knicks (1-1) opened an 8-0 lead to start the contest in large part to Amir Hinton. The affiliate player drained back-to-back threes forcing the Swarm to talk things over at the 9:08 mark of the first quarter. The timeout failed to sway much as White III poured in four treys in the following five-minute window helping Westchester to a 10-point cushion before the second quarter began.
Such momentum set the tone as Westchester never relinquished the lead, charging a debt as high as 20 points to the hosts moments before halftime. Despite the Swarm facing double-digit deficits for much of the contest, Greensboro managed to come within six in waning time.
The Knicks take a two-day break before visiting the Oklahoma City Blue Saturday, November 16 at 7 PM ET.
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 13, 2019
- Wolves Come Alive in Second Half, Defeat Stars for First Victory of 2019-20 Season - Iowa Wolves
- Tough Third Dooms Drive in Canton - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Roll Past Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Partners with Oshkosh Corporation and Oshkosh Defense to Honor Service Members on November 15 - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars to Play Three Games at Home of Utah Jazz - Salt Lake City Stars
- Kings Recall Caleb Swanigan - Stockton Kings
- Long Island Nets to Raise 2018-19 Eastern Conference Championship Banner this Friday, November 15, at NYCB Live - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 113-97 - Austin Spurs
- Hustle Ride Fast Start to Third Straight Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Legends, CoServ to Honor First Responders - Texas Legends
- Swarm Fall in Sold out School Day Game to Knicks - Greensboro Swarm
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- White III Ties Franchise Record as Knicks Beat Swarm, 116-109 - Westchester Knicks
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel, Justin James and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- BayHawks to Recognize Military Heroes and Collect Care Package Items for Troops - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.