Woes Continue on the Road
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (19-16) losing streak extended to seven games on Tuesday evening as they lost 10-3 to the Durham Bulls (22-15) at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
The Pigs got off to a good start as they took a 2-0 lead off Arturo Reyes (2-1) in the top of the fourth inning. Deivy Grullon extended his hitting streak to five games by hitting an RBI single to score Lane Adams. Andrew Romine scored on a double-play groundball hit by Mitch Walding.
Durham snatched the lead by scoring three runs in the bottom of the fifth inning off Tyler Viza (0-2). Keon Wong hit an RBI double that was followed by Jake Cronenworth and Wong both scoring on a Walding fielding error.
The Bulls scored seven runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to extend their lead to 10-2. Three runs scored on a fielding error by Romine and Wong added a run by hitting an RBI single. Michael Brosseau hit an RBI single then Nate Lowe scored on a passed by Grullon. Nick Solack capped off the scoring by hitting an RBI single.
Adams hit an RBI single off Luis Santos in the bottom of the eighth inning to cut Durham's lead to 10-3, but it wouldn't enough as that would be the final run Lehigh Valley would score.
Santos earned his first save of the season by pitching three innings in relief of Reyes. Tom Windle allowed five unearned runs in 2/3's of an inning pitched in relief of Viza. Kyle Dohy tossed two scoreless innings in relief of Windle.
The IronPigs look to snap their seven-game slide on Wednesday evening in Durham. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Indians Win Fourth Straight as Keller Deals Gem - Indianapolis Indians
- Historic Homers Power Knights to 13-7 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Rogers Shines as Toledo Falls to Norfolk - Toledo Mud Hens
- Seventh Inning Rally Leads to Stripers to 11-3 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Woes Continue on the Road - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Stop RailRiders 4-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Ride Errors to Comeback Win - Durham Bulls
- Riley Homers Again as Stripers Pound Buffalo, 11-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mathias, Clippers Top PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Father's Day Lunch Package on Sale Now - Rochester Red Wings
- Hens Home for An Epic Homestand: May 14-19 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (18-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-14) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Move August Game up to June 10 to Alleviate Uptown Congestion - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Back Home May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse and Louisville Postponed Tuesday, Doubleheader Scheduled for Wednesday at 4:05 p.m. - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Bats Game Postponed; Doubleheader Scheduled Wednesday, May 15 - Louisville Bats
- Wings' Smeltzer Unveils Catch Cancer Looking Apparel - Rochester Red Wings
- Hideki Matsui to Host Clinic at PNC Field - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.