Hideki Matsui to Host Clinic at PNC Field
MOOSIC, PA - The Matsui 55 Baseball Foundation today announces, in conjunction with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Triple-A affiliate of the New York Yankees, that it will host a baseball clinic for children Saturday, June 22 at PNC Field at 11:00 a.m.
Hideki Matsui will attend the clinic and offer instruction to approximately 35-40 participants, who range in age from 10-12 years old. All of the children applying to be selected for the clinic should participate in local baseball leagues.
Interested participants should fill out the online form, which will prioritize their baseball abilities, grades and community involvement. A 250-word essay on what it means to them to be selected. Following the clinic, Matsui will sign one item and take a photo with each child. Submissions are due by Friday, May 31 with participants being notified by Monday, June 10 whether they have been selected for the camp.
Last year's clinic was held at ARM & HAMMER Park, home of the Trenton Thunder (Double-A, New York Yankees).
Founded in April 2015, the Matsui 55 Baseball Foundation has hosted baseball clinics for children in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Japan.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Indians Win Fourth Straight as Keller Deals Gem - Indianapolis Indians
- Historic Homers Power Knights to 13-7 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Rogers Shines as Toledo Falls to Norfolk - Toledo Mud Hens
- Seventh Inning Rally Leads to Stripers to 11-3 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Woes Continue on the Road - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Stop RailRiders 4-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Ride Errors to Comeback Win - Durham Bulls
- Riley Homers Again as Stripers Pound Buffalo, 11-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mathias, Clippers Top PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Father's Day Lunch Package on Sale Now - Rochester Red Wings
- Hens Home for An Epic Homestand: May 14-19 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (18-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-14) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Move August Game up to June 10 to Alleviate Uptown Congestion - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Back Home May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse and Louisville Postponed Tuesday, Doubleheader Scheduled for Wednesday at 4:05 p.m. - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Bats Game Postponed; Doubleheader Scheduled Wednesday, May 15 - Louisville Bats
- Wings' Smeltzer Unveils Catch Cancer Looking Apparel - Rochester Red Wings
- Hideki Matsui to Host Clinic at PNC Field - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.