Indians Stop RailRiders 4-2
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Just one loud swing by Kyle Higashioka was all that the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders could muster Tuesday night as the Indianapolis Indians knocked off the RailRiders 4-2 in the series opener.
On a sparkling night at Victory Field, Mitch Keller was the brightest light of them all on the mound for Indianapolis. He was staked to a 2-0 lead entering the 4th inning, but the RailRiders rallied in the top of the inning. After Mike Ford worked a full count and walked, Higashioka drilled a two-run home run out over the 405-foot mark in centerfield to tie the game.
After that, Keller didn't allow much the rest of the way. He finished with 6.0 innings, scattering three hits and surrendering two runs while walking two and striking out eight. He earned his fourth win to improve to 4-0 this season and lowered his season ERA to 3.83.
Indianapolis meanwhile scored single runs in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th innings off RailRiders starting pitcher Daniel Camarena to account for all the runs in the game. Three of the four runs were earned off the starter, before he turned the ball over to Kaleb Ort in the 6th inning. Ort tossed a scoreless 2.2 innings and has now gone 8.0 consecutive scoreless innings since allowing his only earned run, a homer to Rochester's Luke Railey.
The RailRiders and Indians return to action Wednesday morning with an 11:05 a.m. first pitch. RHP David Hale (3-1, 2.93) takes the ball against Indianapolis' RHP Alex McRae (3-2, 5.40). Pregame coverage with Adam Marco and Adam Giardino begins at 10:35 a.m. on the RailRiders Radio Network.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Record:
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Indians Win Fourth Straight as Keller Deals Gem - Indianapolis Indians
- Historic Homers Power Knights to 13-7 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Rogers Shines as Toledo Falls to Norfolk - Toledo Mud Hens
- Seventh Inning Rally Leads to Stripers to 11-3 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Woes Continue on the Road - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Stop RailRiders 4-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Ride Errors to Comeback Win - Durham Bulls
- Riley Homers Again as Stripers Pound Buffalo, 11-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mathias, Clippers Top PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Father's Day Lunch Package on Sale Now - Rochester Red Wings
- Hens Home for An Epic Homestand: May 14-19 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (18-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-14) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Move August Game up to June 10 to Alleviate Uptown Congestion - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Back Home May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse and Louisville Postponed Tuesday, Doubleheader Scheduled for Wednesday at 4:05 p.m. - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Bats Game Postponed; Doubleheader Scheduled Wednesday, May 15 - Louisville Bats
- Wings' Smeltzer Unveils Catch Cancer Looking Apparel - Rochester Red Wings
- Hideki Matsui to Host Clinic at PNC Field - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.