Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.)
May 14, 2019 | 6:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 35| Home Game # 15
BUFFALO BISONS (14-19, T-4, -5.5 North) vs. GWINNETT STIPERS (21-16, 2nd, -0.5 South)
RHP Andrew Sopko (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Kyle Wright (2-2, 8.66)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening the Bisons and Gwinnett Stripers begin their three-game series at Sahlen Field after an off day following a series split with the Norfolk Tides. This starts Buffalo's six-game home stand, which will conclude with a three game weekend set against the visiting Louisville Bats.
Last Game: BUF 8, NOR 5
The Bisons out-hit Norfolk on Sunday afternoon, and were able to score eight runs on 11 hits. The Tides scored twice in the 4th and three times in the 6th with the help of two homeruns and five total hits. Buffalo took the lead with a six-run 6th inning, which was enough to hold off Norfolk's comeback and secure the win. Ben Revere capped the frame with a two-run double for the Herd.
The Bisons and Gwinnett Stripers will conclude their regular season series this week with three games at Sahlen Field. Last week the Herd took two out of three from the Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. Buffalo is 15-22 all-time at home against Gwinnett, with the two teams splitting a four-game series in Downtown Buffalo last year.
Righty Andrew Sopko is making his first apperance with the Bisons after being called up from New Hampshire (AA). Sopko made six starts with the Fisher Cats this season, going 2-2 with a 2.34 ERA. His last win came on 5/2 vs. Hartford, and made his last start for New Hampshire on 5/8 at Portland, a no decision.
In Hanson's first game with the Bisons this season, he finished with one hit in two at bats, including a walk. On top of his hit, he recorded his first RBI with the team. He also collected his first stolen base, as well as scoring three times.
Ben Revere closed out his first road trip with the team on a 3-4 effort at the plate as DH. After hitting a double and recording three RBI's that brings his total to five in just four games with the
Bisons. With this performance, it brings his average up to .333 on
the season as he comes to Buffalo for his first homestand.
Shafer continued his hot streak as the Bisons' closer with one perfect inning pitched, dropping his ERA to
1.23 while collecting his fourth save of the season. Shafer continues to have success at the Triple-A level following a 3-3 record and a 1.41 ERA in 34 appearances in 2018 for the Herd.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (16-24) begins a two-game series in San Francisco against the Gians tonight at 9:45 p.m. RHP Trent Thornton will make the start for the Blue Jays. The stop by the Bay is the first of two on a six-game road trip. The Jays will continue on to Chicago for a four-game series against the White Sox.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Indians Win Fourth Straight as Keller Deals Gem - Indianapolis Indians
- Historic Homers Power Knights to 13-7 Win - Charlotte Knights
- Rogers Shines as Toledo Falls to Norfolk - Toledo Mud Hens
- Seventh Inning Rally Leads to Stripers to 11-3 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Woes Continue on the Road - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Stop RailRiders 4-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Ride Errors to Comeback Win - Durham Bulls
- Riley Homers Again as Stripers Pound Buffalo, 11-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mathias, Clippers Top PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Father's Day Lunch Package on Sale Now - Rochester Red Wings
- Hens Home for An Epic Homestand: May 14-19 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (18-16) vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (18-14) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Gwinnett (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Move August Game up to June 10 to Alleviate Uptown Congestion - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Back Home May 21-27 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse and Louisville Postponed Tuesday, Doubleheader Scheduled for Wednesday at 4:05 p.m. - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Bats Game Postponed; Doubleheader Scheduled Wednesday, May 15 - Louisville Bats
- Wings' Smeltzer Unveils Catch Cancer Looking Apparel - Rochester Red Wings
- Hideki Matsui to Host Clinic at PNC Field - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.