Williams Set for Rehab Start with Indy on Thursday, June 13
INDIANAPOLIS - Today the Pittsburgh Pirates announced that right-handed pitcher Trevor Williams will make a major league rehab start for Indianapolis on Thursday, June 13 against Buffalo. The 27-year-old will be the 12th player to appear for the Tribe on a rehab assignment this season.
Williams made Pittsburgh's Opening Day roster for a third consecutive season and picked up where he left off in 2018, going 2-1 with a 3.33 ERA (20er/54.0ip) in nine starts for the Buccos. He was placed on the 10-day injured list on May 17 with a right side strain. The California native threw eight straight starts of 6.0-plus innings before exiting his May 16 outing at San Diego after just 3.2 innings pitched. In 2018, Williams posted a 14-10 record and 2.70 ERA (59er/170.2ip) in 31 starts for Pittsburgh. He was the only major league pitcher to make 10 starts of at least 6.0 innings without allowing a run.
Williams last pitched for the Tribe in 2016. That year he went 9-6 with a 2.53 ERA (31er/110.1ip) in 20 games (19 starts) and was named Indianapolis' Team MVP and Team Player Award winner. He also made his major league debut on Sept. 7, 2016 vs. St. Louis and earned the win with 3.0 innings of relief in a 5-3 Pirates victory.
The Pirates obtained Williams from Miami on Oct. 24, 2015 in exchange for right-hander Richard Mitchell.
Indianapolis' MLB rehab assignments are presented by Franciscan Health.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Trio of Homers Push RailRiders to Five Wins in a Row - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Clippers Cool off Wings 3-2 - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Survive Crazy Finish, Beat Mets 7-6 - Charlotte Knights
- Gwinnett Falls to Lehigh Valley on Walk-Off Single, 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Ninth-Inning Rally Falls Short in 7-6 Loss to Knights - Syracuse Mets
- Castillo walk off hooks Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Solak Powers Bulls Past Mud Hens - Durham Bulls
- Candelario Returns for Rehab in Rain - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tucker Taking Option to Indianapolis in Stride - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Offense Explodes for 14-6 Win in Indy - Buffalo Bisons
- Brito, Bisons Stampede Tribe Behind Six-Run Sixth - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Defeat PawSox, 10-8 - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Tops PawSox, 10-8, to Even Series - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs to Play as 'Jawn' on July 7 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bichette Likely to Return to Bisons Thursday - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-27) vs. Buffalo Bisons (28-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (1:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Williams Set for Rehab Start with Indy on Thursday, June 13 - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Pawtucket Red Sox (27-36) at Louisville Bats (25-39) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 1: Robinson Racks up Four Extra-Base Hits in Rout
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 2: Kramer's Career Day Carries Indy to 7-5 Win
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 3: Reynolds' Slam Lifts Tribe
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 4: Hayes Keys Tribe Victory
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 5: Tucker Sparks vs. Mud Hens